Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined. Lots of great info here. I just purchased a 2009 g8 gt. Have 50,000 miles on it. Looking for the best bolt ons. Right now I am looking at borla cat back system and a cold air intake. Any recommendations out there. Car is stock at the moment.

· Registered
446 Posts
For intakes I'd look at rotofab and vararam.

I have rotofab and highly recommend it but have not heard much negatives on the vararam.

I also love my solo axle backs and highly recommend them!

GL and welcome

Oh and post some pics up!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· every village has one
3,003 Posts
Decide what your ultimate goal is. Do your homework and decide what steps you need to take to get there, then buy the piece of the puzzle that will work and still be useful after the next step. No sense in upgrading only to realize that upgrade won't work with the next one. Example: certain CAI's will work for N/A and F/I, others, not so well. An axle back might be fine for now, but you might find you need a full system later.... You don't want to spend good money for something and realize you have to sell it because it won't work.
Above all, resign yourself to the fact that modding is highly addictive once you get started.

· IdontRe Member
950 Posts
Suggestions for CAI: rotofab
Suggestions for OTR CAI: VCM

Welcome to the best G8 forums board on the planet and enjoy the car.

Note to self, do some research on here by using the search function. Somebody has already done what you're about to.

· Registered
6,803 Posts
Hey man ,welcome aboard. I have only done my intake so far and so can only put down an opinion for that. I myself went with orssom for my intake. Love it so far,only have had it since march . Well happy modding and safe driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.