Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
future G8 owner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2 boys today and we looked at an '09 GT w/ 8800 miles, sport & premium packages, has everything but sunroof, onyx/red leather, 19" wheels...Panther Black Metallic. Car is mint except for a rock chip on the front of the hood. Supposedly the guy traded it in for a new 'Vette. The dealer is asking $26,900....I haven't driven it yet.

What is a fair price for this vehicle in your opinion? Any comments/input is greatly apprecited.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Really depends on your area, I'm finding.

For example, the only ones around me for sale (at a dealer) are:

4957 mi: $28998
12169 mi: $27998
43592 mi: $23991

·
ESTRNGD
117 Posts
Is it certified pre-owned from a GM dealer? While we can debate all day how thorough the certification process is, if the car is certified you'll get an extra 12 month/12k miles tacked on, so that's "worth" something extra.

I spent months looking at these cars, and I just recently bought one. Location may vary but for the miles/options you're talking about I don't think you're going to get it from a dealer for less than 25k, more likely you'll pay closer to 26k. I think in the dealer's mind someone will pay 25k for this car all day long, it's just how long do they want to hold on to it. This car private party is probably around 24k, at least that's what I've seen in my area.

Some other variables the dealer considers...

- what did they give the guy on trade in, in other words what do they "have in the car" including what they gave the guy in trade and what they had to do to it (clean/detail/fix minor dings, certify etc...) to put it on their lot ready to sell.

- how long has it been on their lot? If you're hot on it the first weekend it's been listed they may be less likley to move a lot off asking price.

- time of the month, I've heard they're more likely to make a deal near the end of the month

- time of the year, as Spring approaches they may ask a little more for a Sport Sedan

The question becomes how bad do you want it, is it the exact color/options you want? Then it may be "worth" more to you than someone else would pay.

... just some things to think about...

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Honestly, boils down to whats it worth to you? JMO

·
Registered
116 Posts
Being on my 3rd day of ownership I have some very recent experience. I think the advice given above is spot on. The local market is probably the biggest factor. If there is a good supply of GTs in your area I would expect that to bring pricing down a bit. I would expect to pay less in a rural community vs. a major metropolitan area. Most importantly, I would make sure the color and options is to your liking.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
alienviking
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing