Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so two nights ago, driving home from work with the windows down, I hear an all familiar "tick" sound from my rear driver's wheel which sounds like a rock stuck in the tire tread. I get home, forget it's there. On my way back home last night, I hear the noise again. Oh yeah! I forgot to find the rock! So I pull over, get my flashlight, and discover this thing about half way into my driver-rear tire... What the hell! I pulled it out and there was no air leak. Am I good to drive? Or would you replace it? Checked it this morning and no leaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Based on the location if the semi-boloid slot, I would say that this is a broken piece of a reciprocation dingle arm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
171 Posts
Broken feed tube for a flux valve capacitor.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
If you can check the depth of the puncture with a small nail or similar to compare to your tread depth. If it's more than your current tread depth, it may need a patch from the inside to be safe.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
So long as you can't look into the hole and see steel cords the tire is fine. If however you see steel then depending on where it is in the tread you would want to take it to a tire shop to have a plug/patch put on from the inside. That way the tire would be safe because the steel cords will rust leading to tire failure.

As for what it is it looks like a race from a bearing and if I had to guess I'd say it was from a ceramic coated muffler bearing. Very rare and HIGHLY valuable in the import tuner market.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you can check the depth of the puncture with a small nail or similar to compare to your tread depth. If it's more than your current tread depth, it may need a patch from the inside to be safe.
It goes a little deeper than the actual "tread" of the tire. Here is the puncture. No steel radials showing.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now get on ebey and sell that to an import owner so he can make his car faster. ;)
It's pure platinum! Drop this thing right in your oil fill and you'll gain 200 whp!

·
Drives with wolves
901 Posts
That my friend is the outer rim of a ball bearing.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Oh man, I didn't even get a chance to play.

I was gonna say the answer is a penny. Where's my chicken dinner?:dunno:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh man, I didn't even get a chance to play.

I was gonna say the answer is a penny. Where's my chicken dinner?:dunno:
Any answer will still be taken lol.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Hurry ,you gotta put that back in. That's the tpms sensors sensor.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.