Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My daughter and one of her friends succeeded in breaking my glove box door, so when I open it, it flops down. While looking at the space behind the glove box, I found this piece just laying in there. Realizing that I could just look up the P/N online, I'm having a slow Friday and thought I'd quiz the group.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
You're actually very lucky to have that. Its the tool to remove the factory lugnut covers.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Your links aren't working, but my problem is the kids tried to jam some fresh vegetables into the open glove box and broke off the pins that support the door when it is open. The latch itself is fine.
That is the information linked in the threads, but will try again. Standby :|.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts

·
198 Posts
I've never seen one of those. Did it come with the car? I had to make my own tool using the spring visor clip from an old garage door opener. I never understood why one didn't come with the car. Maybe some did and they 'forgot' to put one in mine.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks for the links, but my problem is different. They pulled down on the door and broke off the stops:

If you look at last image in the OP's post, you'll see that, among other things, he also had a broken stop, which is what that string from the assist would be connected to.

Though to be fair, one of them might have been broken previously, leaving the remaining one hanging on by a thread.

EDIT: I see where the fix is. As you can see I still have the pins, so I may repurpose those as spacers to affect the fix. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
You're actually very lucky to have that. Its the tool to remove the factory lugnut covers.
Yup. It should be stuck in the foam box the inflator came in.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Thanks for the links, but my problem is different. They pulled down on the door and broke off the stops:

If you look at last image in the OP's post, you'll see that, among other things, he also had a broken stop, which is what that string from the assist would be connected to.

Though to be fair, one of them might have been broken previously, leaving the remaining one hanging on by a thread.

EDIT: I see where the fix is. As you can see I still have the pins, so I may repurpose those as spacers to affect the fix. Thanks for the info.
ABS cement will fix that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If i'm not mistaken that white part in the photo JIMAL is holding in 1st post looks like a mini-fuse puller that is located in the fuse box under the hood

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If i'm not mistaken that white part in the photo JIMAL is holding in 1st post looks like a mini-fuse puller that is located in the fuse box under the hood
You are incorrect.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

P/N92171594 is listed, depending on the source, as a wrench or a tool.

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ABS cement will fix that.

I could see ABS cement working for the thicker pin, but for the thinner pin that would attach to that cylinder via the string, I don't know that it would be strong enough. I've ordered some stuff from McMaster-Carr to see if I can make an acceptable solution.

·
198 Posts
I just looked all over the foam box that contains the inflator and I can find no such tool. Does anyone have a picture of where it is located?

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just looked all over the foam box that contains the inflator and I can find no such tool. Does anyone have a picture of where it is located?

I pulled the foam box out of my trunk earlier today looking for where this piece is supposed to be stored, but I didn't find a specific place for it.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I have a spare not the foam tray, its a no-show unless it under the spare somewhere and I wasn't really inclined to pull out said spare to look....

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Car came factory equipped with a spare tire tool kit, but an unsure it included a lugnut removal tool since that was sold quite some time ago. Swapped the cumbersome scissor jack for a floor jack which makes changing a tire much faster. The mini fuse puller looks way different and the lugnut tool is much too wide to fit in its slot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts