Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into start building my g8 gt I plan on getting a 3200 stall and not sure what cam to look into my wife drives the car everyday so im not lookin to go huge but would love something with a good sound

·
Registered
49 Posts
your in the same position as me with the lady driving the car. I'm ordering a cam today hopefully

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Is the lady gonna like the stall? Lol. I would talk to Rick (G8-4-Speed) or Mr. Pat G. Give them the low down on what end goals you have and they will spec you an appropriate cam. Or you could hit up livernois or vms about buying one of their cams. Both of the choices are great regardless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sure she will hate it the first time she drives it but she adapts very well to performance I will talk to the people your talking about and see what they have to offer

·
Registered
49 Posts
My lady loves the stall. Because how tight the old one was and the push it had is gone now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My lady loves the stall. Because how tight the old one was and the push it had is gone now.
what stall you went with?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
my wife DD's mine also.

Comp Cam 223/231 .610/.617 112+0

Also running a PI 2600 Triple Disk Stall, but ran with this cam for over 6 months on the stock converter with no issues.

My advice, like others have mentioned, would be to talk to Rick Crawford (G8-4-Speed). Or I guess you could talk to Pat G if you get desperate :gr_devil:

·
Registered
528 Posts
You should never pick a cam size based on how it sounds. Yes, I realize that the cammed idle is a huge factor, but don't base your choice souly on that. I would find a reputable tuner and have them spec you a cam/stall set up based on what you want from the car. Being a daily driver, you will not like a cam that surges at low RPM while cruising on the highway.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a 231/243 and the Missus hates driving it, "far to lumpy" for her. A good tune can calm it down though
Almost exact same here...230/242.

At first it would surge, but with some engine/trans tuning it is now pretty smooth(for a cam that size). No more surge or gas smell and coastdown is good. Power is a little more than stock below 3k. With traction control off i can launch and hook up, but at around 3k i lose traction until 4th.Or I can break it loose on a roll.

You about the same??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im learning as I go I found a thread that mentions the vector motorsports cam with DoD delete is this a good cam as far as power gains?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good info in that thread Im going to have to get with g8-4-speed and get some of his knowledge for what I want to build

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Huge splits are pointless and kill drivability... im putting a spinmonster cam in mine soon...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts