Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out what size wheels to get. I want to fill the fender flares. I might go from my 245 tires and get 275’s also.
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
304 Posts
Take a look at this page.

Anything above 19" is running 255s or 245s in the front. you can easily do 275 in the rear though.

I think if you do 20" 275 in the front it will rub. Maybe an odd offset would get around that, but it'd be really close and the handling would be affected. You might be able to do something like this G8 Tire and Wheel Package -- 275/35/19 on 9.5x19 W 275 35 19 which is pretty low profile and supposedly it doesn't rub.

Forgeline 19x9.5 ZX3 Wheels
Bridgestone Potenza REO50A Pole Position 275/35/19 XL W
Eg Calssics Grilles

personally I wouldn't go any bigger than 19s because it doesn't really have any benefit other than a subjective cosmetic. I don't even think big rims look that good personally and I'm more concerned with handling. also, from what I hear bigger rims are generally heavier so it'll slow the car down. There's more mass further away from the axle too, which means more force just to spin the wheel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take a look at this page.

Anything above 19" is running 255s or 245s in the front. you can easily do 275 in the rear though.

I think if you do 20" 275 in the front it will rub. Maybe an odd offset would get around that, but it'd be really close and the handling would be affected. You might be able to do something like this G8 Tire and Wheel Package -- 275/35/19 on 9.5x19 W 275 35 19 which is pretty low profile and supposedly it doesn't rub.

Forgeline 19x9.5 ZX3 Wheels
Bridgestone Potenza REO50A Pole Position 275/35/19 XL W
Eg Calssics Grilles

personally I wouldn't go any bigger than 19s because it doesn't really have any benefit other than a subjective cosmetic. I don't even think big rims look that good personally and I'm more concerned with handling. also, from what I hear bigger rims are generally heavier so it'll slow the car down. There's more mass further away from the axle too, which means more force just to spin the wheel.
yeah I don’t like huge wheels either. 19 is my limit. I’ll check out the wheels you recommended. Thank you!

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
The width of the rim should be matched to the size of the tire. For a 275 that is a 9.5” or 10” wide rim.
When you look at set recommended for our car. 245 ft and 275 rear tires are on 8.5” ft and 9.5” rear. Easiest to fit without rubbing with the right offset.

Reactions: SinisterGN
1 - 10 of 10 Posts