Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody with this being my very first post on here I will introduce myself a little I have been lurking around the forums but I have not posted anything until now. I drive a 2009 3.6l white G8 and I absolutely love the car. But long story short I am being given 1k that I am told either I spend it or I loose it. There fore being a gear head its all going into the car! But I am honestly at a loss as to what I purchase for it? Any ideas from anyone, I would love to hear all the suggestions out there! Thanks in advance for any answers and I apologize if this post is in the wrong section.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Rims something in that price range look up DR37 discount tire direct. Spyder led tails and some window tint.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess i should have already stated that I already have some aftermarket rims installed woops. How much does a tint job cost? I have never done it on one of my vehicles before and none of the shops near by me will give me a good quote.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Location? Maybe someone can refer you to a tint shop nearby

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
$1k will get you a set of really good tires. If you are good with your current tires, then $500 will get the struts, shocks and top bushings upgraded to PPVs or Fe3s. The rest of the $1k can go to a rear adjustable stabilizer bar.

If you can do any or all of these, the G8 will handle much better than when it left the factory!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Window tint usually runs <$250 and like they said, I'd probably invest in some suspension bushings. If you don't need tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, are there any recommendations on bushings? I am holding off on doing most suspension work until the summer, Moving and getting a bigger garage to be able to work easier. Are there any recommendations on minor things i can do under the hood?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd do intake, axlebacks and a ecm/tcm tune from overkill. The car will feel like a new animal. When I had my base after the tune I'd hit 0-60 in 6 seconds flat, and my 50-100 mph time decreased by 3 seconds

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input guys!! Im really sorry about such a late reply, been moving houses this last week while also starting a new full time job and study for a really big test coming up. But nkw that that's all over time for car stuff again!! :D I did pick myself up a nice set of rims and tire this weekend. Are there any recommendations on a good air intake? I think that will be my next purchase on top of some manifold spacers from mace.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Not positive about the v6, but Rotofab, vararam, and a couple other over the radiator intakes are the most popular. I just bought a Rotofab for my GT. Check their site and eBay.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It doesn't say on the vararam. I'm sure you could call them. I know on the Rotofab site, they show both v6 and v8. Vararams may be the same, but I'm not sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts