Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camming in progress going to take until friday.
Cam is 227/234 .614/.609 112lsa
Also Yank SS 3200 stall

What should I expect for gains, and drivability and such?
Just trying to compare what you guuys think/know to what they told me thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
drivability and gains have a lot to do with who is tuning it.

With a good tuner I would expect for that cam to run strong, and your car will definitely sound cammed...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok its all being done by SpeedInc who are very reputable
Im pumped to see the difference!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not porting, not yet anyways (LS3) considered the fast 102 stuff but its expensive, heard about the guy on here who does it (thinkin about it)
the list includes:

- vararam intake
- Solo mach shorty catless
- Comp Cams cam
- pushrods
- valve springs
- SLP UD pulley
- kooks LT 1 7/8 headers
- NGK copper plugs
- Yank SS 3200 stall
- B&M tans cooler
- BC coilovers

Then all new fluids, and the dyno tune

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ok its all being done by SpeedInc who are very reputable
Im pumped to see the difference!
Speed Inc out of Schaumburg, IL?

If so, could you do a little review of how your experience/install went? I'm going to cam my GT soon and can't decide on wether to go w/ a Stage 1 from Livernois or get a cam spec'd from Pat G/Rick Crawford and have Speed Inc, Modern Muscle, Straightline Performance or my uncle in his garage do the install.

Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah in Schaumburg IL
Ill write up a lil something on here when its done.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Awesome thanks

Did they spec the cam for you?

Where do you live? I'd like to meet up sometime so I can check out your car and maybe go for a ride and see how the stall is.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its one of the cams they made for the LSX engines
I live in Hammond (NW IN) yeah no problem we could do that
You need to come to this CLICK ME

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to know, Whats everyone's best guess at the WHP? Im hoping around 450+
How much difference would ported intake, heads, TB make? if I decided to do it down the road?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Should be a decently drivable cam. Crunching the numbers, it has 6.5 degrees of overlap, so it will definitely have a choppy idle.

However, a good tuner can tune a 110 LSA cam to not lope at idle. So your tuner should be able to tune this cam to drive nicely with that converter. You should have no surging when cruising (converter locked.)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I got a 230/242 114 LSA with no stall. I was able to get it smooth idling down to about 750rpm. Off the cam it has a little more power than stock with headers/ cai but at about 3k, hold on...it's like a shot of nitrous. Lot of people say it's too big without a stall. It did buck a lot in the beginning but like i said i was able to tune the bucking and smell out of it. It still has plenty of vacuum for the brakes, and the idle definitely makes a lot of people think twice.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im supposed to go pick it up at noon today! I cant wait from what you guys are tellin me! And friday is gonna be her 2nd track debut, hopefully Im quite a bit faster

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Im supposed to go pick it up at noon today! I cant wait from what you guys are tellin me! And friday is gonna be her 2nd track debut, hopefully Im quite a bit faster
Exciting Day!!!! Its going to be a whole new animal. I hope you have some tires for running it at the track on saturday...:gears:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have my supersports, and then the stock wheels with some ultra high performance tires (cant remember the name, kind of off brand but its what came on them)
Im not sure which to run, the supersports are better grip and a 275 tire (20") and the stocks arent as grippy on a 245 tire (19")

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
but the stock tires idc if i tear them up cause those wheels are getting blizzaks at the end of summer
And I need to save a lil bit to get some DRs

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I got a 230/242 114 LSA with no stall. I was able to get it smooth idling down to about 750rpm. Off the cam it has a little more power than stock with headers/ cai but at about 3k, hold on...it's like a shot of nitrous. Lot of people say it's too big without a stall. It did buck a lot in the beginning but like i said i was able to tune the bucking and smell out of it. It still has plenty of vacuum for the brakes, and the idle definitely makes a lot of people think twice.
Thats a LOT of cam to run without a stall, but it sounds like you've got it dialed in pretty good.

I have my supersports, and then the stock wheels with some ultra high performance tires (cant remember the name, kind of off brand but its what came on them)
Im not sure which to run, the supersports are better grip and a 275 tire (20") and the stocks arent as grippy on a 245 tire (19")
Neither one of those sets of tires is going to be enough for your new setup. Better plan on getting some drag radials.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Waiting on first driving impressions on your way home.

Where are you going Friday?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok so Its SOooooo much more fun now! lol
Pulls like a champ! almost 0 delay between shifts all the way through.
Dyno results are 436.52 HP 407.02 TQ
Idle feeling isnt bad, but sound is very noticeable
Sound at 50% throttle and WOT is amazing being catless

Videos posting up in a minute

And dmarple Im going to US 131 in Martin MI

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.