Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting the car up for sale. Love the car but made a mistake getting a V6 ;)

MGM V6 G8. Premium and Sound and Comfort packages. GXP front fascia. GT tail lights. GT 18in rims. Sunroof. 60k miles.

It has been in a fender bender. All damage was cosmetic which resulted in the GXP Bumper. Probably does show on carfax because there was police report. Car has no other defects.

Would like to know:

1. Recommend trade in value

2. Private sale value

Just opinions. I know nothing will be certain.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
226 Posts
trade in value is pretty easy to figure out, but depending on dealership, offers can vary. When I was selling my SS Camaro, I had dealership offers from 2000 to 5500. Websites like Carquest, or KB can be pretty accurate, with it being less than 10 years old, value wont vary as much as my SS did.

Private sell, 16-18k is what I would think on a good day.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Got 16K for my Base when I traded her in.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm just saying...but my MGM GT would look awfully nice with a MGM GXP bumper. :boink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dad's a General Manager at a Larger dealer around here and I bought my car for whole sale cost for $12,000 Had everything loaded With little scratch on bumper. Also had 80k Miles, if that helps!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Traded mine for $13,900 with 98,000 on the clock. She was in mint condition with extensive and tasteful mods, but with high miles and only being the V6 there is not much of a market. I was trying to get 16k for it private party between an Autotrader and CL ad, but no bites.

·
Registered
189 Posts
bought my v6 g8 from a dealership in perfect condition (with a sun roof, but everything else stock) for $14,000 and it had 66k miles on it. that should give you an idea. i live in utah though and people are scared of rear wheel drive vehicles so that probably drove the price down.

·
Registered
226 Posts
unless its private sale, that GXP bumper isnt going to get you any more money than a stock bumper, if I were you id take up one of these guys on their offer, a new unpainted GXP bumper is running like $700, if you can find it. Id ask $500 plus their GT bumper, then go sell your car. Before I sold my SS, I sold off quite a few of my aftermarket parts, and am glad I did.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i bought my v6 g8 with 66k miles on it for 14,000 and it was in perfect condition, all base and all stock except sunroof.

i feel like i got a good deal because it was the cheapest v6 g8 i've seen with that many miles so i'd guess yours is worth probably around 15-16.5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts