Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a new set of wheels. I have a 2008 IOM GT-Sport with about 54K miles.
KBB is telling me to expect about 17K for trade-in, but when I look online I'd be lucky to pick one up as a buyer for under $24k. I know the dealer needs to make $, but that seems like a wide gap to me.

What would you guys expect to get for a trade-in?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I honestly would expect just that on trade in. Your color is somewhat uncommon and your miles seem about right. The only downfall your going to have right now is the season. Now I live in Michigan so seasons effect trade in values a lot here. If you are more south than I wouldn't worry as much. If it were me, I would most likely gain ~$2,000 on trade during the spring.

·
Registered
933 Posts
If it were me, I would most likely gain ~$2,000 on trade during the spring.
The hard part is will the car lose less or more than that in value by next year?

To guesstimate it, I'd check out the value of a 2009 compared to 2008.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
seems like a typical trade appraisal to me. 5K short of what you could possibly sell it for...if it were perfect. I'm seeing a private sale at around 20-22K without looking at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
todds87ss
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing