Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black, Roto-Fab CAI.
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am going to get blasted for this but I see many references to "use the CTS-V Brembo parts" for your G8.

What year(s) of the CTS-V are the ones compatible with the G8?

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts

·
every village has one
2,345 Posts
Are you doing front, rear, or both?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
There's also threads on using ATS Brembo calipers on this site too.
ATS calipers are less expensive and smaller than the CTS-V's so can stick with at least 19" stock rims.
Much debate on performance however, more of a looks improvement thing.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I would not do the ATS, but that is just me.

I also have a set of brand new silver front V calipers new in the box i am going to list, as well as a used silver SS front set up soon.

Reactions: tchr49 and BAS G8

·
every village has one
2,345 Posts
I would not do the ATS, but that is just me.

I also have a set of brand new silver front V calipers new in the box i am going to list, as well as a used silver SS front set up soon.
Agreed
For the time and effort, the ATS just aren’t worth it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plan on doing front and rear. I have the stock 19" G8 wheel now but may move to an all black aftermarket 19" or 20" wheel. Haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
With stock wheels, you must use spacers. Plain fact. I added 15mm spacers to my car to bring the wheels out near the edge of the fenders. This gives more than enough clearance and it improves the vehicle handling. They are adapters but I’m going to punch out the studs in them and install longer studs in my hubs so they are as safe as possible. Have my rear rotors and pads. Just saving to get ft rotors and pads
Then the change starts and the wide rear bar goes in too. With stock size tires, 15mm spacers looks good and will not rub. I’m going with V1 CTS-V calipers for direct no drill install. All Amazon for good prices for calipers. You can get a bolt on front kit of V1 calipers, pads, pin kit, rotors and caliper bolts for $450. From ZZPerformance. $500 if you want drilled and slotted rotors. They have rear kits too that use the SS rear rotors so no brackets required.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I m convinced. I think I will be following your lead here GT Drew.

So, I'm a rookie here. V1 CTS-V calipers are those for the years 2004-2007? Amazon doesn't necessarily respond with v1 calipers so, just wanting to be clear here.

Thanks..

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Yes the ‘04 to ‘07 is the V1. No drilling of the knuckle bracket. The advantage of the kit above is the majority is there. Add spacers or rims, copper O rings for the brake lines and fluid to bleed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the rotors, did you get stock sized vented/slotted G8 rotors for the front and rear to go with the calipers above?

·
Registered
129 Posts
For the rotors, did you get stock sized vented/slotted G8 rotors for the front and rear to go with the calipers above?
Stock G8 rotors are a smaller diameter (assuming you are referring to a GT). I went 2015 SS rotors front and rear to keep the parking brake. You could do a GXP front rotor, which would be the same. I also went with high carbon blanks, not a fan of the drilled/slotted combo rotors.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
The V1 calipers use 355mm front and 360mm rear.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Yes they are. Can be found starting at $40

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes the ‘04 to ‘07 is the V1. No drilling of the knuckle bracket. The advantage of the kit above is the majority is there. Add spacers or rims, copper O rings for the brake lines and fluid to bleed.
Hey I just ordered front and back cts-v 4 piston brake kits cross drilled and slotted rotors from zzperformance, where should I order spacers, copper rings and s.s. brake lines?

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Edelbrock and Russell seem to be two common stainless steel brake lines used on the G8 and are available online. The part number for the copper washers is 21012386 and can be purchased from the dealership or online as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts