Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been getting a alternator code for a while but now it went into battery saver mode the other day and i wanna upgrade the alternator
i also live in florida where its very hot haha thank you

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
From reading other owners threads with alternator problems go with an AC Delco unit, after market alternators seem to give these cars a tummy ache

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
been getting a alternator code for a while but now it went into battery saver mode the other day and i wanna upgrade the alternator
i also live in florida where its very hot haha thank you
I just replaced my battery and alternator. I put a 120 amp in it and a higher CCA battery also. Battery saver mode can mean the battery is going.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Is the light still on? If so the alternator is bad. I got an AC Delco from rockauto.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I Had to replace both my battery and alternator about a year ago went with an original GM alternator and a/c delco battery,I agree only go with oem parts from GM

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
What brand of battery was installed a few months ago? Besides the Florida heat, any other reason(s) necessitate using a heavy duty alternator on a G8 V6?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Numerous bad experiences with Duralast batteries and best of luck in the hunt for a heavy duty alternator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts