Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the market for a G8 GT. I found these locally in order of highest interest (prefer white):

WH 2008 w/ 52,700 miles @ $21,900: Used Pontiac G8 For Sale Covina, CA - CarGurus

MGM 2009 w/ 59,400 miles @ $21,975: Used Pontiac G8 For Sale South Gate, CA - CarGurus

MGM 2009 w/ 66,800 miles @ $18,499: http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/194ACFE5

MGM 2009 w/ 63,900 miles @ $19,988: Used Pontiac G8 For Sale Garden Grove, CA - CarGurus

What do you guys think would be a fair price to settle at, especially the white one?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Dude just posted a white GT sport premium red onyx with new tires on fb page Pontiac g8 classifieds for $15,500. It looks good.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Fwiw, if you're going to spend 20k+, look at the for sale section on the forum and do yourself a favor and go ahead and buy Toadasi's car. It already has all the right mods on it. It's a great deal. I wish it was for sale 4 months ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude just posted a white GT sport premium red onyx with new tires on fb page Pontiac g8 classifieds for $15,500. It looks good.
Is it local to Southern California? I'll join the group.

Fwiw, if you're going to spend 20k+, look at the for sale section on the forum and do yourself a favor and go ahead and buy Toadasi's car. It already has all the right mods on it. It's a great deal. I wish it was for sale 4 months ago.
His car is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.. But unfortunately it's not local and my credit union will not deal with out of state dealers or sellers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Is it local to Southern California? I'll join the group.

His car is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.. But unfortunately it's not local and my credit union will not deal with out of state dealers or sellers.
Ah. I see. Unfortunately I don't think it's in SoCal. That kinda sux.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
In the market for a G8 GT. I found these locally in order of highest interest (prefer white):

WH 2008 w/ 52,700 miles @ $21,900: Used Pontiac G8 For Sale Covina, CA - CarGurus

MGM 2009 w/ 59,400 miles @ $21,975: Used Pontiac G8 For Sale South Gate, CA - CarGurus

MGM 2009 w/ 66,800 miles @ $18,499: http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/194ACFE5

MGM 2009 w/ 63,900 miles @ $19,988: Used Pontiac G8 For Sale Garden Grove, CA - CarGurus

What do you guys think would be a fair price to settle at, especially the white one?
All those prices are to high I bought mine 3 years ago for 19,000.00 it had 37,000 miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking $16-17k but didn't want to waste my time going in and have them kick me off the lot for offering substantially less than their $20k asking prices.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Why not buy one privately as you will save at least 3 grand maybe more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I found one privately, I wouldn't hesitate to.

I already saw the local white one in the classifieds section but it doesn't interest me due to the aftermarket sunroof.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
In Canada there is alot less Gt's than the states, but if you look & wait they do come up. I drove from Toronto to Windsor to pick mine up. It is right besides Detroit & prices are lower there.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Have you looked into other financing other than your credit union? I actually financed mine through State Farm insurance. Saved 5 points from the banks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'll have to look into whether they will fund an out of state private sale.
Actually, I initially financed through Wells Fargo and my seller was in New Jersey and I'm in ms.. I bought the car sight unseen, but I had talk to my seller numerous times and trusted him and the car as he was representing it. I overnighted his banker the cashiers check and he overnighted me the title and paperwork. I arranged the shipping and had it here 3 days later and when I went to get insurance on it, my agent ask why I didn't finance through them and I told them I didn't know they did that. She ask what my apr was and she entered my info and said she could beat it by almost 5 points. I refinanced right then. I hadn't even made a payment to WF.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I'll sell you mine for 20K.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
IMO it also depends on maintenance history and ownership history. I would never buy a modded one but that's just me. If you've had a few of these cars and know your way around them then you might want to buy a modded one. It would suck to pay so much for a low mileage GT and have the lifters fail or something else major.

Those prices are steep excluding the one on Autotrader which is just about right. There are some dealers here in Houston asking $25k for GT's with 90k + miles however they have been on the market for quite some time now as no one is crazy enough to pay that much. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, I initially financed through Wells Fargo and my seller was in New Jersey and I'm in ms.. I bought the car sight unseen, but I had talk to my seller numerous times and trusted him and the car as he was representing it. I overnighted his banker the cashiers check and he overnighted me the title and paperwork. I arranged the shipping and had it here 3 days later and when I went to get insurance on it, my agent ask why I didn't finance through them and I told them I didn't know they did that. She ask what my apr was and she entered my info and said she could beat it by almost 5 points. I refinanced right then. I hadn't even made a payment to WF.
It's common for SF to refinance after a big bank approves you. People who have been around SF longer than I have say that it's tougher to get a loan from SF from the get go.

I'll sell you mine for 20K.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I'd rather get the white one in the classifieds for 21k.

IMO it also depends on maintenance history and ownership history. I would never buy a modded one but that's just me. If you've had a few of these cars and know your way around them then you might want to buy a modded one. It would suck to pay so much for a low mileage GT and have the lifters fail or something else major.

Those prices are steep excluding the one on Autotrader which is just about right. There are some dealers here in Houston asking $25k for GT's with 90k + miles however they have been on the market for quite some time now as no one is crazy enough to pay that much. Good luck with your search.
It's funny you say that, I went to look at two cars on my list and they both barely budged by $600. One of them said "I'd rather keep it. It brings 2-3 people onto my lot on the daily." I suppose having overpriced cars is good for exposure lol

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I think the prices seem fair. I personally feel we are kinda under valuing our cars. I wouldn't consider selling mine for less than 20. I love it. The gxps stay up in value or even higher than what they sold new if it has really low mileage. Parts can be expensive and can be hard to find. Demand for our cars is as high as it was 3 years ago and kids love the looks, so it seems the demand for our cars will be around for quite some time.

Also. For the cars listed and thier prices. Obviously mods, condition, features, accidents and repairs it may currently need or will need soon will play a factor in the value.

Good luck. At least you have a few to choose from

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
9 Participants
NickG
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing