Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I agree with oneslowwG8, I am lucky to have to GM records so I so can get manintainence history, ownership history is luck of the draw.
Personally I would buy completely stock, you read stories on this board of people that have brought moded G8's and unless you have a complete history are stuck with a tune they can't change without a major hassle. For the record I would leave it stock, these cars are plenty fast enough for me.
Price, how deep are your pockets and how hard up is the seller. I walked away from my G8 the first time, around we were $300 apart. Two weeks later I got it for $1100 less, a $1400 savings.
On Autotrader and Kijiji up here the are beat up/highmiler GT's for $8600 to supposeably pristine/lowmile GT's for $23000+. Sometimes I'm less scared of a high miler, if the lifters aren't clicking by 200K they probablely won't start.
Your decision like the rest of us will be a leap of faith.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think the prices seem fair. I personally feel we are kinda under valuing our cars. I wouldn't consider selling mine for less than 20. I love it. The gxps stay up in value or even higher than what they sold new if it has really low mileage. Parts can be expensive and can be hard to find. Demand for our cars is as high as it was 3 years ago and kids love the looks, so it seems the demand for our cars will be around for quite some time.

Also. For the cars listed and thier prices. Obviously mods, condition, features, accidents and repairs it may currently need or will need soon will play a factor in the value.

Good luck. At least you have a few to choose from
Personal value and market value are two different things. I live in Los Angeles. Sure, there is a demand for these but there are easily 15 of them in a 100 mile radius.

The white one has been at the lot for over a month, the front seats were super dirty and the driver seat was very worn. The front lip also had some nasty scrapes.

The second car had a nasty gash along the bottom of the driver door and has been on their lot for over two months.

Neither would go below $21k.

I agree with oneslowwG8, I am lucky to have to GM records so I so can get manintainence history, ownership history is luck of the draw.
Personally I would buy completely stock, you read stories on this board of people that have brought moded G8's and unless you have a complete history are stuck with a tune they can't change without a major hassle. For the record I would leave it stock, these cars are plenty fast enough for me.
Price, how deep are your pockets and how hard up is the seller. I walked away from my G8 the first time, around we were $300 apart. Two weeks later I got it for $1100 less, a $1400 savings.
On Autotrader and Kijiji up here the are beat up/highmiler GT's for $8600 to supposeably pristine/lowmile GT's for $23000+. Sometimes I'm less scared of a high miler, if the lifters aren't clicking by 200K they probablely won't start.
Your decision like the rest of us will be a leap of faith.
I plan to modify the car and hit the 1/8th mile track occasionally. I know my way around a Chevy and know dozens of people in the business as well so breaking things is not a huge concern to me. If I find one that's modified with parts I would have added anyway, it's a bonus. But I'm not paying top dollar for a car that has obviously been modified to be beat on either.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Yes i know.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I guess you just never know.

I had mine for sale for two months here in Michigan. Stock drivetrain, red/black leather, sport package, brand new Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2 summer tires, GXP fascia and diffuser, DBA grooved front rotors with Hawk pads, no winters, and 48,500 miles.

I was asking 19,500 with 19 as my bottom line. Plenty of interest and each person said it is as clean as or cleaner than any they will find. Not one person mentioned anything about my price being too high, but the most I was offered was $18,500.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts