Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
high desert road runner
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve decided to sell my G8 GT. With my retirement, we’re going from three cars to one. However, I really don’t know what should be the lowest I’ll accept. So, I’m asking the experts, you.

It’s a 2008 GT, #730 of first 888 with 18,600 that I bought new as a leftover in October 2008. Hot White with onyx leather. $31,395 MSRP. Premium package, P245/45R18-96V All-season tires. I had the windows tinted with 3M 35%. I’ve added the spare tire from JHP and the spare tire tool kit from Pace. I have the service manuals. I bought a Covercraft car sun shade UV shield.

Before taking delivery, I had the dealer change the oil & filter using synthetic 5W-30. Since then, I’ve changed the oil & filter at 6,019, 10,747, and 15,099 miles using Royal Purple 5W-30 and AC PF48 filters. Rotated and balanced tires at 5,912 and 12,424 miles with 4-wheel alignment at 12,424 (just as part of preventive maintenance). I’ve replaced the cabin air filter annually (twice). All recalls have been done and reset TCM bulletin.

The car is always garaged. We’re older non-smokers; not hot-rodders. The car has never seen snow, and rain only three times. (We’re in Southern New Mexico.) This has been the car we use for our road trips as we use the other cars for around town. If you look at a picture of a new one, you’re looking at this one. The only imperfection is the front air dam. I’ve scraped the bottom to the point where it should be repainted.

I’d appreciate your thoughts on what I could get for the car.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
It's nice to read of someone who keeps very detailed car records. This is key to proving that the car had regular maintenance. I have no clue what it's worth, but good luck selling it.

Looking to do private-party, right? I wouldn't imagine you're looking at trade-in value because you're downsizing your fleet.

Good luck!

·
high desert road runner
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking to do private-party, right? I wouldn't imagine you're looking at trade-in value because you're downsizing your fleet.
Right, private party. Dealers can pay no more than wholesale as they need to make a profit when selling it. I don't expect to get what they are asking on the lot, although since it still has factory warranty, I should be able to get close to that figure than the wholesale figure.
I've had my driver's license for nearly 50 years, and I've long since discovered that I have CRS. It's not just maintenance records that are 100% complete. I also keep track of every gallon of (premium Shell) gasoline that has gone into the car.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I've had my driver's license for nearly 50 years, and I've long since discovered that I have CRS. It's not just maintenance records that are 100% complete. I also keep track of every gallon of (premium Shell) gasoline that has gone into the car.
While I don't come close on the 50 years thing (!) I also track all my mileage and gallons that go into both our families automobiles via mpgtune.com.

Good luck with the sale!

·
high desert road runner
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sold

Sold and paid for. Thanks for responses and PMs.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Congrats, that was a pretty good deal for both parties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
nda9090
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing