Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thats a shade high, maybe 24K if it's in like new condition, then again that's a rare color so maybe they are taking advantage of that in the higher asking, maybe others will chime in?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Worth a try, but they probably won't take it, most dealers seem to hang pretty tight around the asking with these cars even after they sit on their lots for months. I just bought another G8 Gt a couple months ago, a 2008 panther black with 27K miles on it, mint condition and the dealer wanted 23.6 for it and would not come down a dime... It's the only car I ever paid asking for in my life. Then they knocked me up for a $399.00 doc fee which brought it to 24K, look out for those doc fees too. They did not care less if I walked away from the deal or not

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Worth a try, but they probably won't take it, most dealers seem to hang pretty tight around the asking with these cars even after they sit on their lots for months. I just bought another G8 Gt a couple months ago, a 2008 panther black with 27K miles on it, mint condition and the dealer wanted 23.6 for it and would not come down a dime... It's the only car I ever paid asking for in my life. Then they knocked me up for a $399.00 doc fee which brought it to 24K, look out for those doc fees too. They did not care less if I walked away from the deal or not
thats fine by me theres plenty of others out there many of them cheaper ;)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
thats fine by me theres plenty of others out there many of them cheaper ;)
I had looked at a lot of them and found none as nice as the one I got plus it was a 3 hour drive I had to make to look at the car so I just bought it rather than keep on looking, when they mentioned the 399 fee though that they would not back down on it sure made it tempting to walk away from the deal though. If you have the time and are not real picky about what color you want than best to keep looking, I don't think your going to find one a real lot cheaper though. The only time I see these cars around $20K or so is when they have like 50 or 70K miles on them and believe me I know the values of these cars very well, I've looked at a lot of them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had looked at a lot of them and found none as nice as the one I got plus it was a 3 hour drive I had to make to look at the car so I just bought it rather than keep on looking, when they mentioned the 399 fee though that they would not back down on it sure made it tempting to walk away from the deal though. If you have the time and are not real picky about what color you want than best to keep looking, I don't think your going to find one a real lot cheaper though. The only time I see these cars around $20K or so is when they have like 50 or 70K miles on them and believe me I know the values of these cars very well, I've looked at a lot of them.
well ive been in this game a while and its a buyers market... plus i already have a vehicle that i dont have to/need to sell.. so picking up a g8 is also not a need its a want... :) thx for the info tho:driving:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
well ive been in this game a while and its a buyers market... plus i already have a vehicle that i dont have to/need to sell.. so picking up a g8 is also not a need its a want... :) thx for the info tho:driving:
I see a V6 G8 in your future :) Actually it is a sellers market, there is a shortage of used cars out there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see a V6 G8 in your future :) Actually it is a sellers market, there is a shortage of used cars out there.
nope ill keep my z06 before i ever buy a v6 g8 :slap: and im not finding a shortage of used cars so far and they are priced what id like to pay :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
Whitegreat8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing