Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Kbb was over 22k for my car, and I got it for 17k (2008 g8 gt) kbb is nice start point but its not always accurate in real world. also private party is harder to get what a car is worth.

That being said, if car is really clean and you market it well you may be able to get in the 20k range. that will most likely be a quick sale though. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
my 2009 g8 gt only was accessed for 22,xxx.....I dont see a v6 going for that

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
my 2009 g8 gt only was accessed for 22,xxx.....I dont see a v6 going for that
when i was car shopping ive seen V6's in my area go for that. It was out of my price range for monthly payment. I got my G8 V6 for 18,995 with only 27,6xx on it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
KBB has mine at 17,500 Trade in with 33K for my 2008 with no options so I would guess like other have guessed and say 18-19K. This may just be because I live in Cleveland but If you are going to sell wait until July or August. I have been tracking the KBB and Edmonds trade in values every month since I have owned my car and thats when the value peeks. They appreciate from Feb - August ($ 200-$400 a month) and then start droping like a rock between October and January. From last year to this year my car only depreciated 6% and is back on the rise. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yea, I got my g8 gt with 34k miles fully loaded minus sunroof for $21k, I would say a competitive price would be about 17k for the v6. Of course there's a chance of getting a little more with the right buyer, but I would expect to sell for around that amount. Good luck

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
The only important value system you need to pay attention to is what V6s are selling for in your area. That's what you are competing against if you are selling.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i just bought mine from the dealer with an extended warranty with 27,000 miles on it for $16,500. liquid red everything but sunroof.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, I got my g8 gt with 34k miles fully loaded minus sunroof for $21k, I would say a competitive price would be about 17k for the v6. Of course there's a chance of getting a little more with the right buyer, but I would expect to sell for around that amount. Good luck
34k vs 26k miles is a pretty big difference...usually car prices are higher in Canada then in the U.S...huge selection in the U.S. but if you want to bring it to Canada, you pay 5% duty because its built in Australia...therefore not covered by NAFTA

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KBB has mine at 17,500 Trade in with 33K for my 2008 with no options so I would guess like other have guessed and say 18-19K. This may just be because I live in Cleveland but If you are going to sell wait until July or August. I have been tracking the KBB and Edmonds trade in values every month since I have owned my car and thats when the value peeks. They appreciate from Feb - August ($ 200-$400 a month) and then start droping like a rock between October and January. From last year to this year my car only depreciated 6% and is back on the rise. Hope this helps.
Thanks...I've received 272 views over 2 weeks on my advert so I consider that to be a good indication of interest. A dealer told me $18-19k at whole sale.

So far a few comparisons with mileage in the 30-40k range...pretty big difference from 26k miles

·
Registered
679 Posts
34k vs 26k miles is a pretty big difference...usually car prices are higher in Canada then in the U.S...huge selection in the U.S. but if you want to bring it to Canada, you pay 5% duty because its built in Australia...therefore not covered by NAFTA
Are you saying you live in Canada? No offense bro but 5-8k miles isn't a pretty big difference like you're saying it is. Now if you do live in Canada, then prices may be more I'm not sure. As everyone else has stated, 17k is competitive, you may get 19k with the right buyer in the states. Not sure what that translates to with the 5% duty you referenced, extra $850 I believe if selling for 17k in the states you'll get $17,850 if my maths correct. Hoepfully you get more, but just giving you something to gauge your expected sale on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you saying you live in Canada? No offense bro but 5-8k miles isn't a pretty big difference like you're saying it is. Now if you do live in Canada, then prices may be more I'm not sure. As everyone else has stated, 17k is competitive, you may get 19k with the right buyer in the states. Not sure what that translates to with the 5% duty you referenced, extra $850 I believe if selling for 17k in the states you'll get $17,850 if my maths correct. Hoepfully you get more, but just giving you something to gauge your expected sale on.
Once you convert miles to km...yes it is a big difference in terms of what we regard as high mileage.

You pay 5% for NAFTA & 5% sales tax to be exact. The point is supply is extremely thin up here, I mean a dealer said $18-19k. I was going for a GT from the US originally, but duties/taxes put that to an end - so it would be the same case for a prospective buyer up here

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
If your car is a 2009 KBB has it listed at $22,561 for excellent condition (showroom condition) $21,961 for very good (most fall in this area) $21,361 for good. $19,361 for fair (you drove it like you stole it every day and it shows)

Now thats for a 2009 V6 G8 in my zip of 21225 using what you posted about your car and sold as private party.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts