Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both have similar miles and are about the same price. All other factors are relatively the same(as similar as two used cars can be that is). Same color too

modded gt would be at the upper end of the market price and the GXP would be at the lower end. That's how the prices can come close to approaching each other.

Modded GT is pretty modded. Headers, wheels, interior, tune etc.... GXP is bone stock.

·
Hsv Gts Pimp
874 Posts
Modded GT is pretty modded. Headers, wheels, interior, tune etc.... GXP is bone stock.
That honestly doesn't sound very modded, unless you are leaving out alot. I guess it depends on your long term goals. To me it would take a heavily modded Gt thats done and doesn't need any additional work, to buy over a Gxp.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sway bars too. Plus alot of interior stuff. But stock cam, dod equipped, stock heads. Longblock untouched.

I think "heavily" modded to you would have to include cam, dod-delete, high stall. Basically like your sig. haha.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Do you realize how much more rare a GXP is?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand the differences in terms of rarity, performance at stock levels, better brakes, better motor, 3.27 rear etc, etc..

Just wanted to read other people's opinions.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
It really depends on how you plan to use the car. If the GXP is a manual, and you prefer a manual, then that is the only way to go. The GT, especially modded, will perform close to the stock GXP. If both cars are automatics, then it comes down to what do you want.

·
Who is John Galt?
749 Posts
Value is relative. If speed is important to you, you can generally find a modded gt that's much faster than a similarly priced gxp everything else being equal. If you value rarity then go for the gxp. If you want a stick, then the choice is obvious. If you want an intact warranty and you don't plan to mod, go for the gxp.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was a white hot GXP auto for sale at just under $28k. About 37,000 miles.

It sold faster than the time it takes one to reach 60 mph. Congrats on the lucky owner. But this was an interesting topic and thanks for the replies. It's still very valid info regardless.

·
Hsv Gts Pimp
874 Posts
sway bars too. Plus alot of interior stuff. But stock cam, dod equipped, stock heads. Longblock untouched.

I think "heavily" modded to you would have to include cam, dod-delete, high stall. Basically like your sig. haha.
I don't even consider my performance mods as 'heavily'. My appearance is heavily modded though, lol. Sounds like a Gxp would be better off for you especially long term and resale. I bought the Gt since I knew I could do alot of mods for the same price as a stock Gxp. I personally consider my car a bit more rare than a Gxp, IMO.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
I bought the Gt since I knew I could do alot of mods for the same price as a stock Gxp.
+1

For the extra cheese spent on the GXP, you could get a turbo or SC and get a hell of a lot more HP out of it than going with a stock GXP.

I couldn't justify the price difference for lower gas mileage. I like what the GT offers and I don't really care about being the fastest on the street. However, I still like owning a car that can outrun most cars on the street though.:driving:.

·
Registered
9 Posts
+1

For the extra cheese spent on the GXP, you could get a turbo or SC and get a hell of a lot more HP out of it than going with a stock GXP.

I couldn't justify the price difference for lower gas mileage. I like what the GT offers and I don't really care about being the fastest on the street. However, I still like owning a car that can outrun most cars on the street though.:driving:.
OG reunion! When you heading back to Charlotte? I need to drive one of these things haha.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Once I run my 9 I may sell the beast for 40k$. Save up some more and buy it lol. Will have a brand new 420ci motor.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
OG reunion! When you heading back to Charlotte? I need to drive one of these things haha.
Damn, long time no see Blu!!!!!

I don't know but I'll let you check it out if you don't get to drive one before I get down there. What are you driving now a days?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Damn, long time no see Blu!!!!!

I don't know but I'll let you check it out if you don't get to drive one before I get down there. What are you driving now a days?
Had a 335i for a while but sold it a few months ago. Now we just have an Acadia and a Solara (wifes car). Looking to get another "fun" car.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
25 Participants
Terp4life
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing