Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of Camaro rims, and want to see if wheel spacers would work to get them flush with the fenders. I know with the proper tire fitment, there will be no rubbing unless the car is lowered (which it will be-fenders will be rolled). What's the max measurement for wheel spacers fronts/rears where....
1. The wheels/tires will be flush with the fenders?
2. Dropping the car .5-1" would still have use of the spacers?
3. Not having to change the OEM studs?

I'm assuming 10-12mm in the fronts and 5-10mm in the rears, just to have them flush. Yet again I think this will lose the OEM stud capability. Another option is to get wheel adapters to eliminate #3..

I know there's a lot of variables here, but lets put our minds together and find a solution..lol

·
Registered
922 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1377164592.875492.jpg

That's the beat pic I could find but I have 15mm spacers all corners and dropped on H&R and the tire is perfectly flush with the fender. You'll have to change the studs over 5mm I believe. Not cheap either for studs

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 37922

That's the beat pic I could find but I have 15mm spacers all corners and dropped on H&R and the tire is perfectly flush with the fender. You'll have to change the studs over 5mm I believe. Not cheap either for studs

those look good. I could do wheel adapters to utilize stock studs and have 15mm all corners..

·
Registered
37 Posts
i've got 20 x 9" all around and the fronts look perfect. i'm at stock ride height though. but i took some measurements to see how much spacer i needed to make the rears flush.

and the fronts

the fronts couldn't look better, imo.
i'll probably go with 15 mm spacer in the back. stupid expensive longer studs...
where did you guys find yours, and how much did you pay (the longer studs, and the spacers)?

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've got 20 x 9" all around and the fronts look perfect. i'm at stock ride height though. but i took some measurements to see how much spacer i needed to make the rears flush.

and the fronts

the fronts couldn't look better, imo.
i'll probably go with 15 mm spacer in the back. stupid expensive longer studs...
where did you guys find yours, and how much did you pay (the longer studs, and the spacers)?

Just the pictures that I was looking for. So do you already have the 15mm spacers for the rears in the pics? If you dont, I think they look perfect as they are. Do you think 15mm spacers would make front 20x8 wheels flush to the fender? Screw the spacers, ill get adapters if anything. I can still utilize the stock studs and run the rims wider.

·
Registered
556 Posts
View attachment 37922

So we can run 5mm spacers all around with oem 19" GT wheels and no mods to the studs? Id love to step my wheels out slightly but Id rather not change studs...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just the pictures that I was looking for. So do you already have the 15mm spacers for the rears in the pics? If you dont, I think they look perfect as they are. Do you think 15mm spacers would make front 20x8 wheels flush to the fender? Screw the spacers, ill get adapters if anything. I can still utilize the stock studs and run the rims wider.
no. in the pix the rears are NOT on spacers.
thanks for telling me they look good. i don't think they look bad, but they are nowhere close to looking as good as the fronts. the fronts are so far out that they make the rears look badly inward.
i'm sorry, i have no idea if 15mm would make the 20x8" fronts look flush. all i can tell you is that i have a 20x9 with 35et. maybe a wheel guru can tell you if 15mm spacers would make yours look like mine.

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So we can run 5mm spacers all around with oem 19" GT wheels and no mods to the studs? Id love to step my wheels out slightly but Id rather not change studs...

These are camaro SS wheels. Not G8 rims. If you want to have the g8 rims flush to the fenders you need to have 25mm wheel adapter (not spacers). Tbis option will utilize the stock bolts. I have specs if you want and a company to get them from. Pm me for deets

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no. in the pix the rears are NOT on spacers.
thanks for telling me they look good. i don't think they look bad, but they are nowhere close to looking as good as the fronts. the fronts are so far out that they make the rears look badly inward.
i'm sorry, i have no idea if 15mm would make the 20x8" fronts look flush. all i can tell you is that i have a 20x9 with 35et. maybe a wheel guru can tell you if 15mm spacers would make yours look like mine.

They look great. Im assuming 15-20mm adaper would work. Itll be just be just shy of flush on the front fender. what size tires do you have 275/30 rears/fronts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They look great. Im assuming 15-20mm adaper would work. Itll be just be just shy of flush on the front fender. what size tires do you have 275/30 rears/fronts.
i'm running 20x9 rims all four corners
with 275/35/20 conti DW on all four
i'm stock suspension, and the fronts rub the black plastic wheel-wells when the steering wheel is turned sharp (like in a parking lot)

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm stock suspension, and the fronts rub the black plastic wheel-wells when the steering wheel is turned sharp (like in a parking lot)

I just got my stuff installed today and the wheels look bad ass. It definitely changes the stance/look of the car. Wish it wasn't polished aluminum though. Oh well not bad for getting the rims for $500...That's why there's plasti dip.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got my stuff installed today and the wheels look bad ass. It definitely changes the stance/look of the car. Wish it wasn't polished aluminum though. Oh well not bad for getting the rims for $500...That's why there's plasti dip.
My friend said the same thing when i did mine. Totally changed the look of the car from a family sedan to aggressive! camaro ss wheels were meant for G8's.
Shiny rims on a panther black can't look bad lol
pix now!

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My friend said the same thing when i did mine. Totally changed the look of the car from a family sedan to aggressive! camaro ss wheels were meant for G8's.
Shiny rims on a panther black can't look bad lol
pix now!

I'll post pics before and after tomorrow. Looks good, but like the murdered out look.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Probably wouldn't rub with a 275/30/20 on there.

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woke up at 6:30 am to get this done. Super pleased how it turned out. Now time to get some brakes & Konis/H&Rs

Before::

After::

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been reading through some of the posts and saw a few people asking about adapters and spacers on our G8s with the 20" camaro wheels. Figured I'd share my experience and results.
I wanted the flush look on all 4 corners with the Camaro SS wheels so I decided to go with some 20mm hub centric adapters. The install was super easy as they bolt directly to our hubs, and since the studs are the same (m14x1.5) the lug nuts snuggled up nice and tight. After installing the adapter I put the wheel on, and there was about a 1/8" gap between the adapter and the back of the wheel, so I had to trim down the OEM studs. Even after cutting the studs to ensure proper fitment I was still able to torque all the lug nuts down to proper specs and still have some stud through the entire lug nut (which does fit in the recessed pocket on the Camaro wheels.) After cutting all 20 studs and torquing everything down, I couldn't be happier with the results! The look is (in my opinion) perfect and the ride quality is as good as new. Absolutely no vibrations or wobbles or noises or anything. At stock height with 275/30 on the rears and unmodded fenders, I only rub with a full load over big huge dips, and then it's only barely. I'll post some before and after pics. Just wanted to share my experience and results for anybody that may be interested in a similar setup.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts