Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Chinese brand BONOSS forged active cooling wheel spacers on youtube. The “Active Cooling” patented technology has been registered by intellectual property agencies including the United States and the Europe. I was curious to go to their official website to see the product, the product looks really good. I plan to buy a set and try it. I am curious what is the difference between the H&R?

·
every village has one
2,364 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
“Active cooling”. Sounds extra machining that weakens the spacer and makes it more likely to crack and fail.

Reactions: Ramblerman

·
Registered
2009 Liquid Red GT 439WHP
64 Posts
Sounds like typical chinesium

Reactions: ergeoverkill

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would just get some from Motorsport Tech out in NV, IMO. I didn't see prices or even applications for the G8 on the site, unless I'm missing something.

-J

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Heads up, If you google "BONOSS forged active cooling wheel spacer ", several links are delivered. When clinking on them, get warnings of malicious activity.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
You would have to use 2012+ Malibu spacers if you wanted 15 or 20mm spacers as they have the same bolt pattern

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
I run the BONOSS wheel spacers, forged 6061-T6 aluminum,front+15mm, rear+20mm, the tires are flush with the fender, more aggressive.
wheel spacers
I saw a Chinese brand BONOSS forged active cooling wheel spacers on youtube. The “Active Cooling” patented technology has been registered by intellectual property agencies including the United States and the Europe. I was curious to go to their official website to see the product, the product looks really good. I plan to buy a set and try it. I am curious what is the difference between the H&R?
:unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please be careful when trying something new like wheel spacers, especially if the company is not tried and true. Things can go bad really quickly.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Not a new company, just a new name. Look closely to see they were “formerly BLOX “ . Right on the face of the spacers.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black, Roto-Fab CAI.
137 Posts
I have seen folks say they want to replace the lug bolts with something longer to get rid of the spacers. If the spacers are torqued properly and the wheels to those spacers, isn't that safe?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Yes, if you knock the studs out of the “adapter” and use longer studs in the hub. That is as safe as you can get. The spacer is then only in compression and will not fail.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Yes. Single as in five longer studs per wheel*.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I used plural, studs. Dorman and others usually sell them in sets of 10. So a box for each axle

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Posted before

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black, Roto-Fab CAI.
137 Posts
If I went with this style spacer, would this be good to go? No need to deal with longer lug bolts later?

And 15mm for front and rear?

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
The G8's bolt pattern is 5 x120mm so this aspect of the wheel spacer is correct. However, these are incompatible since BMW's lugnut studs screw into the hub. The G8's lugnut studs are attached to the wheel hub and five lugnuts hold each wheel in place. Something akin to post #18 is compatible.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts