Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... new to the forum but my 3rd post in as many days. Have some $$ to devote to mods and upgrades (you can see my other posts under exhaust and tune forums as "OK...not a mechanic")

I've got a Red 2009 GT with stock wheels. I'd like to get a new set of wheels (feel like the stocks are kind of pedestrian) and was wondering if anyone has recommendations. Not crazy about the black look and was thinking more of polished. I have Bridgestone Potenza Run Flat 245/40R19 on rear and 255/35ZR19 front.

I'd love to hear suggestions/thoughts. Thx

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Curious as to why you have wider tires up front?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK... new to the forum but my 3rd post in as many days. Have some $$ to devote to mods and upgrades (you can see my other posts under exhaust and tune forums as "OK...not a mechanic")

I've got a Red 2009 GT with stock wheels. I'd like to get a new set of wheels (feel like the stocks are kind of pedestrian) and was wondering if anyone has recommendations. Not crazy about the black look and was thinking more of polished. I have Bridgestone Potenza Run Flat 245/40R19 on rear and 255/35ZR19 front.

I'd love to hear suggestions/thoughts. Thx
Sorry...duh...I reversed the numbers. 255s are on the rear and 245s on the front

·
Mack
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
GO to the VMR website you won't be disappointed !!! Pick any 700 series wheel and you'll be happy
Yes to VMR and also look at THE SITES FOR :

AVANTE GARDE
BAVARIA
COMCEPT ONE
NICHE/MHT
ROHANA
TSW
VERTINI
LINEA CORSE - WHEELDUDE web site

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm a big fan of being different, as you can see from my wheel choice below. You'll find the mesh look is very common with G8's. VMR 710, TSW Nurb's, etc... If you want something different but still looks good, check out tirerack online and look at the wheels on your car with their virtual wheel thing.

What's your budget for wheels? Prices vary considerably from 99 a wheel to 1500. :)

·
every village has one
2,379 Posts
GO to the VMR website you won't be disappointed !!! Pick any 700 series wheel and you'll be happy
You got that right!

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
VMR is a great wheel for a great price!

·
Registered
135 Posts
really like rohana, but is anybody running those?
I agree they have some decent ones and the quality seems quite good.

I am purchasing a second set of 20 inch rims for my car in a couple of weeks and will be using the rohana RC10 in black 20 x 9 inch - offset +35mm. Makes a change from the silver 20s I have now. (These wheels offer a similar look to the Bavaria BC10s but are of a different construction).

They have some nice shots of their wheels on their facebook page as well as their own Site......................https://www.facebook.com/rohanawheels

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is probably been asked a million times already, but what is the biggest tires/rim I can put on my 2008 G8 without any mods? I'm in need of new tires but wanted to go bigger, but didn't want to have to modify my fenders/suspension...YET.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have to agree with the guys, you cant go wrong with pretty much any of the VMR line up! We have been able to help many of the members out here and I would be happy to help you out! Check out these pics! They are the VMR V710 and V718. The red car has the Avant Garde M310s on it. They are another company who makes the same style wheel.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts