Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never see any new performance updates for the v6's, has everyone sold theirs or gave up and bought a v8?

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Yes..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pretty ironic question....

Wondering why the non performance model has.....less performance options and following.....yea

Not sure if serious...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I never see any new performance updates for the v6's, has everyone sold theirs or gave up and bought a v8?
The options are limited, put on headers, bigger throttle body, CAI, put 3.27 on the rear, tune it. But after this you will not get more than 250 RWP. The best bang for the buck is a GT because modding this is unlimited.
Tuning can only go so far as I think Hazer is the only one who realized that the V6 will only go so far.
I was thinking about doing more to my V6, but since I have both I have spent the most with my GT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No one is willing to spend the $$ so of course there haven't been any realy performance V6s in the G8 scene.

Plenty of options.
Stealth Controller
CPR6 (or port your stock intake manifold)
Manifold insulators
UD pulley (if you don't go boost)
Supercharger kit
OTR intake (if you don't go boost)
Headers hiflow
Catalytic converters hiflow
Nitrous
Meth inj (for boost)
Forged rods/pistons if you plan on upping the boost levels.
Tune

I made 237rwkw on about 7psi. Want to go to around 10psi when I have the time. Any decent performance shop that uses HPTUNERS can tune these engines as the software has been out for awhile now. Check out Revhigh for most of the parts needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts