Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am thinking of upgrading my front and rear brakes soon and i was wondering where you guys got your CTS-V brakes? I have the 20" camaro rim on right now and the stock brakes look really small and dinky. I was looking at getting the camaro brembo brakes, but after reading some information on them vs the CTS-V brakes, it looks like the cts brakes are the way to go:boink:.

So i am wondering where you got the package and for how much.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
To ensure I got everything I needed, I bought all my stuff from Greg at Pace Performance. They have a G8 section, and Greg is very helpful, and provides great customer service.

Some have found used (or new) parts on amazon for less.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To ensure I got everything I needed, I bought all my stuff from Greg at Pace Performance. They have a G8 section, and Greg is very helpful, and provides great customer service.

Some have found used (or new) parts on amazon for less.
Awesome thanks! how much did you pay for yours?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Amazon. Use the Delco part numbers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have also been in the market for some CTS-V brakes, Ive checked Amazon but I must not know how to search for the right stuff, no matter how I type it in, I cant find any CTS-V brake kits/Calipers on Amazon, anyone that is a little more familiar with looking for them on Amazon have a link or advice on the correct part numbers or anything?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Look through the huge sticky in the brakes and suspension section. It gives you all the part numbers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
could someone post a link to the part numbers please, thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here you go, if you go with the yellow calipers you can get a better price on the fronts, Although the yellow rears are more expensive.

Silver:
ACDelco 177-1105 OE Service Front Brake Rotor
ACDelco 172-2487 OE Service Front Brake Caliper - RH
ACDelco 172-2488 OE Service Front Brake Caliper - LH
Front Brake Caliper Pin Kit - 25940448 - Qty 2

Rears:
ACDelco 172-2308 Caliper Assembly - RH
ACDelco 172-2309 Caliper Assembly - LH
Rear Brake Pad Pin Kit - 89047728 - Qty 2

YELLOW:
ACDelco 172-2522 OE Service Front Brake Caliper by ACDelco
ACDelco 172-2521 OE Service Front Brake Caliper by ACDelco
ACDelco 172-2524 OE Service Rear Brake Caliper by ACDelco Pins and rotors are the same.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I got everything a except for the rotors off amazon free shipping no tax and lowest prices it can't be beat

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, another quick question. I have the stock 18" rims for my car for winter and was wondering if the cts brakes will fit inside the stock 18" rim.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Thanks guys, another quick question. I have the stock 18" rims for my car for winter and was wondering if the cts brakes will fit inside the stock 18" rim.
I think they will if you run some spacers. Without spacers they won't work though.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So 18's will fit or wont? some of you guys are saying yes and some are saying no

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Stock 18 and 19 fit just fine front and rear. Use longer studs and minimum of a 10mm front spacer and rear. My track tires are on factory 18s and my streets are on the 19s. Lots of threads about V Brembos and stock wheels.

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome thanks! where is the best cheapest place to get spacers and longer studs?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I got all of my calipers from Amazon, and bought a set of Camaro rotors from Maryland Speed. Bought the pin kits from Oreilly's. I used 25mm billet adapters instead of spacers to bolt the stock wheels on until I got my V wheels. Had to trim the unthreaded ends on the stock studs, but that was no big deal. Just another option besides spacers and longer studs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.