Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I assume you mean bushings, not bushes. Regardless, you want rear cradles INSERTS, which fit over and under the OE bushings. It's a good starting place. Firms up the rear end.

·
IdontRe Member
632 Posts
If the ones behind your car are hiding an ocean view then I'd say to cut almost all of them out of the way. An ocean view (blue) with your IOM in front of it would have been beautiful.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
If the ones behind your car are hiding an ocean view then I'd say to cut almost all of them out of the way. An ocean view (blue) with your IOM in front of it would have been beautiful.
Clever. Although I admit it took me a minute.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Chortle

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I assume you mean bushings, not bushes. Regardless, you want rear cradles INSERTS, which fit over and under the OE bushings. It's a good starting place. Firms up the rear end.
In aus we generally call them bushes. To replace evey last one with super pro I was quoted $2400 fitted, but I'm unsure if I need the whole car done

·
Registered
362 Posts
Superpro makes the full rear cradle replacement now. If you only do a couple the inserts is what I would say to start with but see if you can get the full bushing they make.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Beyond the cradle bushes, I would go with front radius arm bushings and the rear upper control arm bushings.

The front radius arm improves braking feel by removing the stock fluid filled bushing and the rear upper control arm is the one I think is causing the knuckle to twist forward and back under acceleration and braking, making it the biggest contributer to the rear suspension getting out of shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.