Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am going to be doing a 4 piston brembo swap here in a month or so and right now Im looking for options on painting the calipers.

Im wondering why type of paint I should use. High temp? I have 2 camaro rears and am ordering 2 cts fronts and I plan to sand blast both and paint them. I will be using black brembo logos on them which I have already ordered.

I am actually thinking of going with something close to IOM for the color of the calipers. I figure either that or Silver. I kind of what the calipers to pop since the rest of the car is just a combo os silver and black so I though the orange would look good. I dont really like red or yellow though so those are out. I might consider doing blue but probably not.

Anyway does anyone know which paint to get that would work and brakes and be close to IOM?

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
I used a high temp engine spray paint on my Brembos a couple years ago and the paint is holding up just fine color-wise and such. ( I don't autocross or do crazy braking though, just normal driving) I don't remember the brand, but it was nothing special. I would think an orange engine color would be an option for you. I also used a clear high temp coat over the color coat and Brembo stickers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used krylons "brake caliper paint". It lasted 25,000 miles on my 2002 WS6 until I sold the car. There was no sign of the paint chipping or failing in any way.

·
Sergeant Type
439 Posts
I used krylons "break caliper paint". It lasted 25,000 miles on my 2002 WS6 until I sold the car. There was no sign of the paint chipping or failing in any way.
I'm willing to bet that it didn't have the word "break" on it... Haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts