Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the g8 world. Got my slate Mettalic gt about a month ago and love everything about it, except the lack of a clutch, but I like customizing as well.

After seeing daveswhitehot, which looks awesome, with the white on white I got to thinkin about some what I want to do to my gt. I'm thinkin matte white stripes with white powder wheels on my slate colored gt. Thoughts and or anyone do photo shop? I suck at it.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
I love Pacific Slate Metallic, and I used to love how Pontiac offered white wheels on some of it's cars in the 90's (it looked good with certain colors when it complemented the interior color). I tend to think that white might clash a bit with the color though. I saw a Pacific Slate Metallic car the other day with dark grey powder coated wheels and it looked really good. I wish I could find it now to show pics. I think that silver might be a better option for you than white. Just my .02 though. Do what makes you happy!

·
The Roaming G8
390 Posts
I'm actually in the same exact boat. I've been trying to figure out what color would go good with our PSM. I think that I'm looking at white or red............big maybe on the red though. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PSM was the one color I didn't like when shopping for a gt, until I saw it in person on a beautiful day. I really like the color now. I think red looks good as accents like badges and little pieces. I will definitely have a friend do a photoshop with white stripes and white wheels.

Bracketracer, I do think gray would look good as well with a slight offset from the slate color. I think it would look real clean.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think it would be interesting to see the white wheels on another colored g8.
Not sure how it would look but I'd be curious to know. Find someone with photoshop that can do it and post up some pics! You never know it might work.

·
The Roaming G8
390 Posts
PSM was the one color I didn't like when shopping for a gt, until I saw it in person on a beautiful day. I really like the color now. I think red looks good as accents like badges and little pieces. I will definitely have a friend do a photoshop with white stripes and white wheels.

Bracketracer, I do think gray would look good as well with a slight offset from the slate color. I think it would look real clean.
If you get someone to Photoshop a g8 with colors please be sure to post the pictures up. I would really love to see what it would look like.

·
The Roaming G8
390 Posts
How soon do you think that you would be able to have someone to photoshop a pic or 2? I'm asking because my car will be painted in about a week so I would like to see some results before the guy paints my car.lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
grabbed it from your introduction thread, i figured that'd be the easiest place to find a photo of PSM. If you've got any better photos i'd be glad to use something higher resolution
I should have some more photos somewhere on my phone lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think the white looks sick. If I end up doing stripes I would do 11" wide rally stripes. not a big fan of the eye brow stripes
"bathurst" stripe not eyebrow... My two cents is metallic bronze with PSM!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.