Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
I most definitely did, having had an LS1 Z28 that I bought new. Loved that car but grew to hate it's inefficiencies as a daily driver. Tough to see out of, lousy seats, jerky suspension. I know most all of that's been fixed in the new version but the G8 GT offers 90% of the acceleration, braking & handling and does the everyday stuff much better with a more compliant suspension, bigger interior, etc.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The big difference is that the Camaro is pure muscle car while the G8GT offers full muscle car performance while looking like a luxury sport sedan ( especially in black). It looks great and right at home parked next to a Mercedes, BMW etc.

·
Registered
791 Posts
i wanted the camaro very badly .....until i sat in it.. wasnt impressed at all on the inside ...and then i got in a G8 GT and it had everything .. looks ....space...power...and alot of options to create more power ...cant beat the 4door holden sport car .

couldn't have said it better. The Camaro interior is a deal breaker

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
If I wanted a coupe I would have kept my '04 GTO...if I wanted a newer V8 coupe with less mileage (my GTO had 75,000) I'd have bought an '06 GTO M6 w/ babied miles - a) its faster than the camaro (unless they make the z28) and b) its going to be a lot more rare/exotic in the next year because everyone and their mother (literally) will be driving around in V6 camaros that, while they are nice cars, look just like any other camaro in the line up cheapening the aura of the car.

The G8GT is plenty fast, handles awesome, has a TON of room, is kind of rare, and can be modded if I want even more speed.

Honestly, and this is bad for me to say, I'd take a cheaper lighter, easier to mod mustang GT over the new camaro. I love GM but the new camaro is too heavy, too weird looking, and I'd just as soon save up a bit and buy a vette or take a 1-2 year old used vette for the same money.

why not?

·
Former G8 GT Owner LOL
229 Posts
I wanted a Camaro before I bought my GT, and I still want one. The 4-doors of the G8 made the decision for me though since I have 2 kids.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Debated over both cars, but having four doors was the sure winner. I dont really like the rear end or the interior of the Camaro.

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
I liked the camaro looks better--better color selection too (not just black, white and gray, red and blue).

The killer for me was seating. I have four kids, I can take them all in the G8, couldn't in the Camaro. Why didn't they do like the Challenger, make seating for three in the back--granted the middle seat ain't much but its fine for kid/short trips.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've been researching the G8 even before it hit North America but when I learned the Camaro would be starting production a month before my lease runs out in May I decided to buy another Grand Prix to get me to the point where I can buy the Camaro I want. If I needed a full backseat then I would be driving a G8 GT but I no longer do so the waiting has begun.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had one on order, but couldn't pass up on picking up a GT for 26k..
My Camaro would've cost me ~37K after taxes.........that's almost a base vette, so sense got a hold of me.
Will prob wait til last model is made, or pick up a vette instead

·
Registered
644 Posts
Seeing the new Camaro every day for months, I wanted it. It was just awesome to behold. It was being in the new Camaro that sold me on the G8. The power and poise was spectacular, but lacked in a few areas that I had to have. So I got a sedan version.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm a Camaro guy, the only reason I got the G8 is because I have three more grand kids on the way. but, I do love my G8. I'll get a used Camaro SS/RS in four years, until then I'll sport my 2002 Camaro SS.

P.S: The G8 will always be in my stables.

·
Stryker
1,296 Posts
I considered a Challenger after I bought the G8.....

Camaro has a lot of thing I can't love.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Not enough seats and doors for my needs.

And I know that the interior would wear on me after a while. I'm in the car too long during my commute to have an interior that bugged me.

Finally, there will be waaaay too many of them on the road (well, at least once Chevy starts delivering them) compared to the G8.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
I thought I didnt want one (camaro) until I got to see one and sit in one yesterday. Holy s*!t, I want it. The wifes car might have to go for this one!

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
^lol I want(ed) a Camaro, but I needed space for 4 kids and me. The family saw a Camaro at the Chevy dealership and now all my kids are begging me to get one...I guess one of them will have to ride in the trunk.

They wouldn't let me sit in it, as it was a charity raffle car (yes I bought a ticket). But it was a Red SS and it looked sweet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd be in a G8 or a Cadilac CTS if Camaro was not built. But the Camaro was built and I don't need 4-doors, no kids yet ;) Besides that the SS is cheaper and I'm still waiting for delivery:( Should have it this weekend though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw one yesterday after just buying my g8 this past weekend...i admit it made me a little sad, ive been driving f-bodies for years. But I kinda think they are going to end up like the mustangs with all this hype and everybody will be driving one! That def wont be happening with the g8s now, lol.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The 2 cars really are not in the same class. One is a family sedan and the other is performance coupe.

You can't really haul kids around in the Camaro (rear facing car seats don't really fit)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wanted a Camaro until I saw the bum interior. I also figured there wasn't enough room in my garage to open the door wide enough to get in & out. Plus with the draconian speeding laws and police enforcement around here, the G8's is a welcome sleeper and is definitely a classier vehicle.

21 - 40 of 160 Posts