Pontiac G8 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wanted one more than the G8 at first. "Settled" for a G8 because the Mrs. said she wanted something with 4 doors. After she got hit by a drunk driver (which very sadly totaled the G8) we got a Camaro. Love the Camaro, it is a lot of fun, but miss the G8. If I had a pick between the two now, I would probably go for the G8.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
I've always been a camaro guy, got stupid drink and got a camaro tattoo, regrets...
When i bought my G8 i was in the market for a new camaro. So i went and test drive one. I didn't like it. I thought yea this would be great in convertible but i dont want a convertible for my dd. The blind spots sucked, and the windsheild was so low...
I know you get used to it but, i just lost interest. so then i started looking for GTOs and came a cross a G8. Immediately knew this was what i wanted. I went and test drove a V6. loved it aside from lacking power.

Found a good deal on an 8 and jumped. didnt even get to test drive first, just bought it. no regrets, i love this car!

·
Big D
333 Posts
i had originally planned on getting one of the new camaros, but when i went to test drive one my 6'6 frame was cramped in it. So after driving a Civic Si for the last 8 years i wasnt going to have my next car be that cramped. Next i was going to look at the 05-06 GTO, but before i went and looked i was told it would be similar to the camaro. I test drove a CTS and a couple other cars. One of the salesmen tried to get me to test drive a 2012 Mustang GT and i had to explain to him i was raised on general motors and i wasnt about to come home with a mustang. (not to mention the ex wife had a mustang and i wasnt about to get a car like she had) So i just kept my eyes on new cars, about that time my cousin got his 09 G8 GT and that was all he talked about once he got it. So he let me drive it and i was hooked. I bet i test drove 6 or so G8's driving 2-3 hours to away to look at some and test them out there are a couple i wish i could have got. One was a IOM that had 60k i believe on it for 17000 i kick myself for not getting that one, anyhow after a year of looking i finally found the PBM 08 GT thati currently own and i absolutely love it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Never considered one, I sat inside one of my friends and it looked extremely cheap on the inside and not very roomy.

Then when I just had a Cortex, rotofab and GXP axleback with X pipe, I raced my friends LS3 Camaro (axleback, intake) and it was a win/lose race; we went back and forth.

I was even happier with my decision after that.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Camaro = pass. when I sat in the Camaro for the first time, I knew right then that it was not the car for me. I tried, but wasn't able to figure out how to lose those blind spots. how people drive those without getting into an accident is beyond me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Never consider it either. The consideration for the g8 was a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe (6cyc). Dealer wanted 28k out the door but I got a used GT for the same price (and overpaid). g8 > genesis coupe.

There's too many damn mustangs and camaro's here in southeast VA. They're a dime a dozen. I like driving something that's unique. Ironically, I've seen like 3 genesis coupes.

·
Registered
295 Posts
To me the look of a car is just as important as what motor is in it ect. The camaro is uglier than sin in my opinion plus the interior is so retro that its beyond tasteful. I love old camaro's a 67 is my favorite. I even love the 98-02, just not the new ones.

Now if I could choose between a G8 and a CTS-V, I would be all over that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I never considered a Camaro before the G8. But when it came time to trade one in I did some research. Three things stopped me from getting an SS with the 1le package. First was that I'm still pissed at my Chevrolet dealerships service center and the dealerships lack of assistance with the problem for some things related to the G8. Second is that I'm too tall to fit in one. I'm 6'5" and I have a longer torso and shorter legs. It makes finding a smaller car difficult. (Of the three pony cars I only fit comfortably in the mustang) Last is that I really am not into the look. If they ever go retro with the 70-73 Camaro look, and don't screw the proportions up, like l feel dodge did with the charger, then I might consider one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
403 Posts
The reviews noting poor outward visibility turned me off before I saw it. They messed up the proportions too much. Plus I like the longer wheelbase car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like the Camaro's, but I see them EVERYWHERE. That takes a lot of the luster away from them.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
The reviews noting poor outward visibility turned me off before I saw it. They messed up the proportions too much. Plus I like the longer wheelbase car.
this was because they were told to keep it as close to the concept as possible.

^ yup camaros, mustangs, chargers/ challengers/ 300c, theyre around every corner. EVERYWHERE.
G8s are more rare around me than a lambos/ ferraris/ astons. (i definately see more of all those than i do G8s) and teslas. man teslas are damn near common here.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I considered the camaro but bought my buddy's GXP. My heart is still camaro(I've owned 10 of them). I sold my GXP just here this week and picking up my next ride.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
I was never interested in the new Camaro. I had a 99 z28, and I had some many issues with that heap, that I ended up trading that biatch for a motorcycle. I was so disappointed I went with Ford in 2003 with a brand new 03 Mach1, lol, the remedy ended up being worst than the illness, so I traded that POS with 30k and got myself a brand new 06 GTO, which I traded for my G8 back in 2009. Since then, the only appealing vehicle from GM I see is the corvette, unfortunately that one has 2 doors, and we have 3 little kids. I'll keep the G8 happily for another 2 years, after that will see, who knows, perhaps I'll build her bigger and better, or perhaps she'll end up at the dealer, only time will tell, with GM fauking things up with the SS I decided a cam was a better idea for the G8, and the new Camaro is another pile of garbage, lol, I never had any issues with the Goat, or the G8, knocking on wood, best cars I've ever owned.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
I considered one and got one. Three years later I have a wife, a baby boy, and a new house. And no more Camaro. Kick myself every day for not getting the G8. The decision now is get a used G8, something else, or wait a couple more years for stronger financial footing and see what's available then.

Until then, I get by in my base model Sonic. :banghead:

141 - 160 of 160 Posts