Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I wanted to ask to see who on here has the baddest v6 G8 car on this site and wanted to hear your set-up. Anyone feel free to comment your mods and what you have done to your car. I would love to hear what works the best for the most HP and Torque. I want to find the best of the best mods for mine before I make my decision. Yes, I have done my research but I wanted to hear from you guys to see what has worked for you in the past. I really love this site and all your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Think maybe Hazer.. anyone chime in if im wrong

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Yup..hazer396 i believe... car nickname oreo..his car is FS in the FS section if you want to check it out... theres another black , but cant recall his name

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hazer396 by far has the most mods on his v6. He was the first to do headers I believe and his car was the test mule for one of the two tunes (MACE) that exist for the v6. The other guy who runs a similar setup to Hazer is blackpantherg8 and there could be one more Rich G but I believe everyone has looked to Hazer when it comes to the V6.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
probably cause a cammed g8 is quicker

·
Registered
223 Posts
Because GM put a very weak transmission in the car..

·
Registered
27 Posts
i wonder why nobody has turbo a v6??
I have researched and researched everything I could about turboing the v6 and from what I have come up with is one problem that was in the way for the longest time was lack of a tune. We have a tune now but no trans tune and the 5 speed internals are only good for 350hp they say so probably scramble that thing pretty quick with boost. Also cost to fab a kit nobody here has been able to shell out the money for R&D. There are a few 2010 twin turbo v6 camaro's but they have the LLT engine with DI and the 6 speed trans with better internals so its just been one road block after the other but for some reason I am still hopeful. I know kits exist is Australia for supers and turbos for the v6 but they are like $8000.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Hazer never took his to the track, his is speculation on what it would run. Just look at times in the 1/4 for a V6 and that's where the rubber meets the road, where it counts.

From a unnamed mental institution. ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
He has no track times posted but he has his dyro run for his final build posted on YouTube and you can see his HP numbers they are high but your right no 1/4 times

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have found someone that says he can tune Trans.. Looking into doing it this summer along with some engine hop ups and tune.. maybe even a Camaro diff swap with 3.27 lsd

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
He has no track times posted but he has his dyro run for his final build posted on YouTube and you can see his HP numbers they are high but your right no 1/4 times
Mine were 224 H.P. with only a CAI,axlebacks and x-pipe. I guess I got lucky on the engine that I had from the factory.

From a unnamed mental institution. ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
In the video

He gets 242/259 with the headers and high flow cats, custom exhaust, an intake and a tune. I would love to be able to sink this kind of money into my car but college is currently eating it all up.

Valtec1500 I know our current diff is not lsd but what is the ratio? To get the 3.27 in lsd do you have to get it off an ss or a manual camaro? I thought I heard that the base v6 camaro with an auto trans didnt have lsd.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Our stock ratio is 2.92 none LSD.. Base v8 camaro I think comes with 3.27 LSD..Ss comes with 3.45

·
Registered
27 Posts
So we run the same ratio as the GT just no lsd? If we wanted lsd but the same ratio would the GT diff work with the V6?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes.. That's what Hazer did

·
Registered
27 Posts
haha I feel dumb off course he did I have read it in his signature a million times.

·
Registered
27 Posts
"The G8 came well-equipped. Standard features included 18-inch wheels, power front seats, a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel and a seven-speaker CD sound system with an auxiliary audio jack and (for '09) satellite radio. The GT added the 6.0-liter V8 engine, a limited-slip differential, dual-zone automatic climate control and a premium sound system with a six-CD changer."

"Unfortunately, the G8 V6 isn’t exactly what you'd call a bargain (mate) compared to the G8 V8. Base to base, you save $2400. That, my pistonhead pals, is a pittance for an extra 105 horsepower. But wait, there’s less! The GT comes complete with the V6’s Comfort and Sound Package as standard. It also boasts other extra standard kit, including a leather-wrapped steering wheel and limited-slip rear end."

The first one is from edmunds and the second from TTAC both would suggest that the V6 does not have lsd maybe somebody swapped yours before you bought it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
i dont know but i bought it new, car had only 70 mile and it was 2009.5 im only one owner of my car. you save more then $2400 because insurance thats why i got an v6 and am happy with this car. this car makes almost every head to turn.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts