Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wonderring how many of us are going to be at the dealership buying this car when it 1st comes out? I know I will not. It doesnt do it for me lilke the G8 did.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Depends on the reviews and price.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Not in the first model year. Kind of a rule of thumb so they can get the kinks out.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Not sure why anyone with a GT or GXP would buy one anyway. Now when the upgraded version comes out, that will be the one to trade up to.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just seeing what the G8 community thought of it and if any of us would get it. I wont. I dont like the looks of it and the Name of it as well. This question has been brought up over on my F-body boards and the Vette boards as well and seems like most people are not interested in this car. If GM cant get us people who buy there performance cars to buy this new one then IDK who they plan on selling this to?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not in it's present form. I like to keep my cars for 2.5 years, so if they will have a M6 version in mid-2015 with a LT1, I will give it a serious look.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Not a chance. Looks way too tame, like an Impala or something. Sure, interior goodies are nice, but the G8's look a lot more like a sports car.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Just read it probably won't be coming to Canada so...no. I guess GM doesn't want my money anymore. Oh well...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not a chance. Looks way too tame, like an Impala or something. Sure, interior goodies are nice, but the G8's look a lot more like a sports car.
I was actually about to buy a G8 and I ran into a GM VP during Power Tour at Muskegon, MI. He told me to "wait" for the SS.

So I did. And for what?

Looks like Grandma's Buick from 1996.
Doesn't have the Gen 5 motor.
No manual transmission.
Costs way too much.

So I went back to buying a G8. Got mine last Wednesday, and here I am. All because I find the SS to be a HUGE disapointment.

Lets be honest, it is suppose to be a modern Chevelle! You can't call it that because you have a Malibu in the lineup, but we all know that!

The new Camaro looks like a classic. Same with the Challenger and Mustang.

But the SS?

*YAWN*.

-Martin

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Nope. What I will probably do is skip the SS, keep the G8 in the family and buy the Buick GNX which will hopefully have this TT V6 shown in the CTS.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I was actually about to buy a G8 and I ran into a GM VP during Power Tour at Muskegon, MI. He told me to "wait" for the SS.

So I did. And for what?

Looks like Grandma's Buick from 1996.
Doesn't have the Gen 5 motor.
No manual transmission.
Costs way too much.

So I went back to buying a G8. Got mine last Wednesday, and here I am. All because I find the SS to be a HUGE disapointment.

Lets be honest, it is suppose to be a modern Chevelle! You can't call it that because you have a Malibu in the lineup, but we all know that!

The new Camaro looks like a classic. Same with the Challenger and Mustang.

But the SS?

*YAWN*.

-Martin
Could not agree more Martin. GM was hyping it up like crazy and then its just a disappoint to most of us, especially me. Their "4 door corvette" looks like a boring malibu. :judge:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am keeping my A6 GXP...just turned 17K miles...and have another 6 yr/83K warranty...I see nothing here that even makes me envious. The updated electronics are OK...styling isn't as good as the GXP...and performance is the same.

If I didn't have a GXP...I would look at the SS...then make the decision to buy a low mileage GXP as to not take the depreciation hit on a new car, with the same performance.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I'll have 11 months left to pay my G8 off next month, I will take a look at the SS but from everything that has been confirmed I don't think it'll really entice me. I may get a luxury SUV for the wife and I to share, and keep driving our current vehicles, I'll probably be MUCH more interested in the upcoming Grand National....confirmed manual and multiple engine choices, maybe even AWD....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was set on buying then the details came out at Daytona. LS3 and no manual. I was hoping for the LT1 based on some of Reuss's comments like "four door Corvette" and "halo car". I may wait to see what the next update will bring but in the meantime I'm back here where I was years ago seriously thinking about a G8 GXP if I can find what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nope. What I will probably do is skip the SS, keep the G8 in the family and buy the Buick GNX which will hopefully have this TT V6 shown in the CTS.
This!

·
Fuel Low
506 Posts
G8 owners should have been the easiest group to sell the SS to, but most of us think it's crap. I don't think this thing will sell very well.

·
Big D
333 Posts
i was going to wait for it to come out, but then i heard rumors of the price which would have made it out of my budget so i ended up getting the G8 instead

1 - 20 of 43 Posts