Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 09 GT, in 2010 with 25,000 miles. Have been driving it since then. Right now, almost 150,000 on the clock and not a single issue, just the maintenance stuff.

Joined the forum in Apr 2010.... who still around? For what I see, lots of new faces.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Im still here. Lost my car in a flood in 2012.bought another one 2 yrs ago.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bought mine new June 2009 and joined the Board. Still here at 192k and counting.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I bought mine in December 2008 and have driven it 4861 miles. It's parked in my humid Florida garage with a sagging headliner, a bad TPMS system, a mushy master cylinder, but still has that peculiar new smell of Australian leather.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Still here, bought her in April 2009 and now has 40K on the dial.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Still above the dirt and have some tinkering/fixing/maintenance to do on the G8... oh joy.

·
The Mustang dude
1,376 Posts
Bought it new... up to 125k miles now and lots of freshened stuff.

·
SUSP3CT
883 Posts
Bought mine in April 2017, second owner, 34k on the clock. Plan on being here for a long, long time.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I’m here.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see... have not frequent the forum much since they changed to the new style. Snoop around from time to time and see new "names" a lot. I was wondering where everybody went. Perhaps I am the only one that uses the G8 to tow a Caravan.... a Camper ;)

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Momentarily had an "anti" social media account on Facebook perchance twice and it just wasn't my cup of tea. Moreover, have own life to live and am not trying to model, follow, replicate/duplicate anyone. Not to mention most of the other nonsense taking place on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back in the days... I was in the Army as Information Technology and System Administrator. DARPA came out with some really neat called "LifeLog" (search on it). We did not wanted to use it because we felt uncomfortable to give a Dosier on ourselves to the DoD, a privacy issue.

Well, they found an idiot in Harvard to pitch it as "Facebook" and you all know the rest of the story.

Some fun facts....

This goes way, way back, some around the 70s. Studies were made to see how people interacted with each other and build relationships. The way to interconnect everybody it was determined to use an item off the shelf, called the "Internet". Is called "Internet" for the simple fact that is an Internal Network. Was developed to tie all the ICBM nodes from the old SAGE system. Sorry if I burst your bubble, Al Gore did not invented the Internet, that is a lie. What is true about him is all the Fear Mongering.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I bought new in 2008, sold in 2014. Had a V-Wagon for about 2 years and was able to jump on a '16 SS 6M. Had that for a bit but then needed a truck for the fam + house.

Hopefully might be back in a G8 at some point. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could not part ways with the G8. The SS was... kind of lame, get lost in the traffic, looks too much like anything out there. However, the G8 get tons of looks even after a decade. I think Holden hitted one design that was so good that is hard to make it better. Kind of put themselves on a design corner.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Bought my 09 GT, in 2010 with 25,000 miles. Have been driving it since then. Right now, almost 150,000 on the clock and not a single issue, just the maintenance stuff.

Joined the forum in Apr 2010.... who still around? For what I see, lots of new faces.
Still here. Drive it whenever I can, however prefer the nice weather...lol. Saw a Liquid Red on 95 N yesterday, pretty car looked like it had some Holden Badges added and a Matte Black paint stripe on the hood.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Still here, although the car is nearing the end of its time with me as I have a new car on order and will probably have it sometime in April or so. Got around 164,000 of your American miles on it, and to give it credit it still runs, shifts, drives fairly well, but the struts are all shot, it keeps throwing a few random codes every so often that never seem to amount to much, and now the cruise control is starting to f*** up on me.

That said, it's probably outlived its life expectancy considering it has been through a number of Ontario GTA winters and also had its annual mileage doubled in the last two years when it had already reached the "old car" phase of its life.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Still here, but struggling a bit again - even needed help torqueing suspension upgrades to specs relatively recently - it's a bitch becoming a weakling again.

Purchased my first (and last) G8 - an '09.5 on 5/5/2009, the day I joined this board, and we have enjoyed 46,812.3 glorious miles together so far. Since that purchase I acquired and disposed of a few other vehicles including some Holdens: a couple of G8's and a new SS.

I knew when I bought the '09.5 that it would probably be the last car that I'll own this trip after having enjoyed over 30 to 40 incredibly wonderful others between my first - a beloved '49 Silver Streak 8 - thru to the just as much loved '09.5 G8 GT.

JAM

1 - 20 of 39 Posts