Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
every village has one
2,203 Posts
Still here. Finally passed the 20,000 mile mark last summer :)
maybe with spring around the corner I’ll get her out early...

·
Fuel Low
497 Posts
I check in occasionally. I bought my GT back in the spring of 2008 and have had lots of ups and downs with it. I love it, but have put entirely too much money into it and drive it very rarely. I've bought 8 new cars and have sold 6 of them since I first purchased my G8, but I'll never sell it. As it sits now, it's a manual-swapped, cammed 6.2 with Truetrac 3.91 diff just begging for some TLC and when I'm a little less busy I plan to fine-tune everything I've done to it. I miss driving it!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Interesting is, have not found any car like the VE/G8. Is the blend of Euro Sport feel with the V8 US Muscle V8 roughness. The best part is, the design/proportions flows so well like anything else, looks mean and sexy at the same time. Kind of a Harley Quinn... Holden and Robbie are both from down under, right? ;)

·
SUSP3CT
888 Posts
I have owned plenty of sports cars and nothing quite feels like the G8. We are on the same page!

·
every village has one
2,203 Posts
20K... still on OEM tires?
Nope, but still have the originals mounted on stock wheels:).
went to 19” Conti DWS06 early on, and just replaced them with the Extreme Contact Sport last fall.
Still have the DWS somewhere, they just got old.
Come to think of it, I have every part I’ve ever taken off this thing.......

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hit 100k this past fall on road trip during fall break.
Still read and use site for info all the time. Family and life just take up the front seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Still here, went through my original G8 GT, on my second SS....looking for another G8.

15 Chevy SS- M6
Rotofab CAI
Resonator delete
Tuned by Shane Hinds

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm still here but unfortunately my G8 has retired to green pastures. I traded it in for a new Jaguar XF AWD supercharged V6. I still miss my black beast, but the timing gear was starting to act up and the electrics were starting to show signs of age.

·
Enthusiast
961 Posts
I check in here once in a while. I’ve been on the board since near the beginning. I daily drive my G8 and have 190,000 miles on it. I have another in the garage with 30,000 miles on it. I love these cars!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Still here. Bought new in 2009 and currently has 18,862 miles. It's a weekend driver.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I see... have not frequent the forum much since they changed to the new style. Snoop around from time to time and see new "names" a lot. I was wondering where everybody went. Perhaps I am the only one that uses the G8 to tow a Caravan.... a Camper ;)

Hey man, I am still up here in Canada. How are you?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Bought my 9.5 LR GT new in 09, 122k on it now. My wife has an 09 SBM GT with only 41k miles. This past New Years Eve I bought a 2019 Nissan Frontier SL Crew Cab 2wd. My G8 is for weekends and cruise ins and track now.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Still take a look see, rarely post anymore.
Maybe when things pick up in the spring my frequent more often.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was never on here much but...I have an 09 I bought in 2012. It now has lots of mods and 46K miles. It goes to car shows and embarrasses a few chargers and mustangs on sunny Sunday afternoons now. Yes, pretty much a garage queen.

·
SUSP3CT
888 Posts
Love the clean look!

·
Registered
2009 MGM
37 Posts
Here. More active on the board lately since I finally have some $$ to spend on updates. Bought my ‘09 in 2011. Had close to 40k on the clock. Now I’m at 125k. Finally upgraded wheels and suspension and it looks and feels like a brand new car. Can’t think of a better GT family car. It’s a joy on the highway and on the back roads down to the Delaware shore. (I’m in Central PA)

It still turns heads! It’s still fun to drive!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got mine with 40k miles back in 2010. Still have it and my other vehciles and toys. Last race event I did was a WannaGoFast event in French Lick Indiana back in 2015 or 2016. Still enjoy my G8. My 96 Corvette Collector Edition with LT4 just sits in my garage.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts