Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha thanks...yeah it really looks like it is. Unless of course there's some serious problems hiding under everything... Tempting. Very tempting.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Doesn't get much better than that. I wish this one was available before I bought mine. I'd be on a plane tomorrow. :drool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've never seen a setup quite like that for a dealer. Really cool.

How much do y'all think that cam kills the mpg?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah, I've never seen a setup quite like that for a dealer. Really cool.

How much do y'all think that cam kills the mpg?
Tuned right shouldn't negatively effect you too bad, long as you keep your foot out of it. 17-18mpg combined driving I'd guess. (Someone with a cam can tell you better)

I get 15-17mpg on e85 afm/dod deactivated factory cam on mine. When I'm outta boost.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmmm... Well I get around 10-11 on average now, soooo. I definitely think I need to take a trip on Friday. My performance car addiction isn't healthy haha

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
The ONLY thing that troubles me is this combination of statements: "6.0L with AFM" and those cam specs...are they trying to say that DOD is still active? That's a big cam for DOD.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The ONLY thing that troubles me is this combination of statements: "6.0L with AFM" and those cam specs...are they trying to say that DOD is still active? That's a big cam for DOD.
They are just spitting out the factory specs when they say it has AFM; after all, they say it has LS7 lifters, so I'm sure it doesn't have AFM anymore.

I don't know how they can say that this car has "factory exhaust" when it has high-flow cats and headers... factory mufflers, maybe? Even then, the axle-back mufflers don't look stock to me, from what you can see in the rear end shots.

Also, I don't think MGM is a "rare colour" for G8s, not compared to others.

This is a lovely and very interesting car, and a heck of a deal in the eyes of a Canadian :).

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Nice looking car! If it's all good underneath everything, a pretty good deal as well. Hope she finds a good home!

·
Registered
73 Posts
ohhh man im loving it haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts