Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha thanks...yeah it really looks like it is. Unless of course there's some serious problems hiding under everything... Tempting. Very tempting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've never seen a setup quite like that for a dealer. Really cool.

How much do y'all think that cam kills the mpg?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah, I've never seen a setup quite like that for a dealer. Really cool.

How much do y'all think that cam kills the mpg?
Tuned right shouldn't negatively effect you too bad, long as you keep your foot out of it. 17-18mpg combined driving I'd guess. (Someone with a cam can tell you better)

I get 15-17mpg on e85 afm/dod deactivated factory cam on mine. When I'm outta boost.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmmm... Well I get around 10-11 on average now, soooo. I definitely think I need to take a trip on Friday. My performance car addiction isn't healthy haha

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
The ONLY thing that troubles me is this combination of statements: "6.0L with AFM" and those cam specs...are they trying to say that DOD is still active? That's a big cam for DOD.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
The ONLY thing that troubles me is this combination of statements: "6.0L with AFM" and those cam specs...are they trying to say that DOD is still active? That's a big cam for DOD.
They are just spitting out the factory specs when they say it has AFM; after all, they say it has LS7 lifters, so I'm sure it doesn't have AFM anymore.

I don't know how they can say that this car has "factory exhaust" when it has high-flow cats and headers... factory mufflers, maybe? Even then, the axle-back mufflers don't look stock to me, from what you can see in the rear end shots.

Also, I don't think MGM is a "rare colour" for G8s, not compared to others.

This is a lovely and very interesting car, and a heck of a deal in the eyes of a Canadian :).

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Nice looking car! If it's all good underneath everything, a pretty good deal as well. Hope she finds a good home!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
MotoSno963
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing