Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says who's got the better tune? Im looking at the intense tune for 300 and thats just their basic ecm tune with no tcm tune. I was also looking at vector motorsports tune which is 325 for the ecm tune but also includes the tcm tune with the cable for an extra 275 which brings the total to 600. So my question is is the vector tune worth the extra 300 over the intense tune?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Vectors tune isnt worth the money IMO. Not sure about the intense tune.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd seriously reconsider the TCM tune, it's like a different car afterwards. I'd also check out Livernois if you're up for both the ECM and TCM tune.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Vector tune and am pretty happy with it but have to admit it was a little pricey. I'd recommend you find a reputable tuner in your area that can dyno tune your car especially when you start putting go fast parts on it.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Hands Down Pat G. I had a cortex tune first like many, I upgraded to Pat G. The car is amazing. He will custom tune it to exactly what you want. In my case i had him tune the tcm to shift smooth in Drive, very docile, but when put in Sport the trans chirps 2nd and 3rd. Exactly what i wanted. Added bonus is that updates are free. When you decide to mod your car further he will update your tune for free, its a one time payment.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Hands Down Pat G. I had a cortex tune first like many, I upgraded to Pat G. The car is amazing. He will custom tune it to exactly what you want. In my case i had him tune the tcm to shift smooth in Drive, very docile, but when put in Sport the trans chirps 2nd and 3rd. Exactly what i wanted. Added bonus is that updates are free. When you decide to mod your car further he will update your tune for free, its a one time payment.
Wow that's awesome! Leaning towards a Pat G tune myself lately.

·
Custom Tuner
153 Posts
I can hook you up with a DiabloSport inTune programmer and a custom tune for $485... and you're not limited like you are with those others... ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I went from a Cortex to a tune from Shane and am real happy. In sport mode Im scratchin 2nd and 3rd consistently also

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whos Pat G and what does he do? Does he dyno tune or do custom tune or what?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Just use VECTOR and you will love it. Get their 93 ECM tune and stage 2 tcm tune.
Everyone has good and bad to say about vector. Steve, has been tuning my car for about 2 years and 60,000 miles or so. No problems at all. I was on my way to get tuned for nitrous. By the time I got there, my tranny was toast. Lots of hard miles. Ultimately got too hot from PCMFORLESS trans cooler. Steve and Greg do good work. I think their old tuner Kirk or Kurt gave them a bad rap for a minute. Before my time though

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
I've had the Vector tune for a year and a half now and am pleased. I took advantage of a Christmas Special they had back in 2011 and got $100 off. Shifts and performs well with my mods. In hindsight if I could do it over again I would've used the money from my Cortex towards a local custom dyno tune at 21st Century Muscle Cars in Addison TX. They have an LS tuner that's really good and you can go into the shop and sit down with him while he explains and configures.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Pat G as the others have said.
I started with a Cortex and upgraded to Pat G.
There is a reason there is NOT one Unsatisfied customer or a bad review about him.
Other companies can't say that.

Oh, he doesn't advertise either. All word of mouth referrals. Google Pat G tune. You'll find your answers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just use VECTOR and you will love it. Get their 93 ECM tune and stage 2 tcm tune.
Everyone has good and bad to say about vector. Steve, has been tuning my car for about 2 years and 60,000 miles or so. No problems at all. I was on my way to get tuned for nitrous. By the time I got there, my tranny was toast. Lots of hard miles. Ultimately got too hot from PCMFORLESS trans cooler. Steve and Greg do good work. I think their old tuner Kirk or Kurt gave them a bad rap for a minute. Before my time though
Well vector should have put the brakes on Kirk or whoever sending out tunes. I am completely not satisfied with the tune or support I received from vector. They should contact every customer that received one of Kirks tunes and make things right.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've had a couple tuners tune my car.

I've had these, in this order....

Vector, Local tuner, Pat G, and now Rick Crawford and I'm more than satisfied now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
What software does Rick use to remote tune?

·
every village has one
2,380 Posts
I'm partial to Vector. Being half an hour from their shop is a definite plus.
Kirk hasn't been there in a long time, and Steve hasn't ever let me down from my first tune to where the car is now.
From talking to people who have dealt with them, I understand Pat G. And Rick are very good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.