·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know! They make starting a business look easy!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah they are doing very well for themselves, what's great about it is that the co-owner was the exact guy that has tuned many of my friends cars and is close friends with them so when I tune my G8 i know it will be done correctly.

·
Registered
819 Posts
So what's the deal with these guys? There is no way a new shop opened up without someone leaving another one and feathers were ruffled in some way.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
They just opened about 2 months ago. It was one of the guys from RPM in Delaware. I believe it was the guy who does the tuning.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
They just opened about 2 months ago. It was one of the guys from RPM in Delaware. I believe it was the guy who does the tuning.
Yes Roshan was the tuner at RPM previously, he pursued another venture to expand his skills to other markets. Rather then being a GM only shop he now tunes Porsches, Audi's, BMW's, VW, etc in addition to domestic stuff.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes Roshan was the tuner at RPM previously, he pursued another venture to expand his skills to other markets. Rather then being a GM only shop he now tunes Porsches, Audi's, BMW's, VW, etc in addition to domestic stuff.
Do you have experience with RPM? Would you recommend not going to RPM now that he isn't there or is RPM still a good choice?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Do you have experience with RPM? Would you recommend not going to RPM now that he isn't there or is RPM still a good choice?
Yes I do, RPM does top notch work and is a good choice. They have the ability to do pretty much whatever you want and have a huge new shop. I've just had Roshan tune my stuff for years so I went to his new shop. Cant beat Roshans tunes, hes always on the money.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes I do, RPM does top notch work and is a good choice. They have the ability to do pretty much whatever you want and have a huge new shop. I've just had Roshan tune my stuff for years so I went to his new shop. Cant beat Roshans tunes, hes always on the money.
^this. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cool thanks man. I was planning on going to RPM since they are close, glad they are top notch too!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is a blue blown GTO here now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I stay away from that place. Some ****ty work has been coming out of there recently. They were trying to fix the mess up on that red G8 that they did!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I stay away from that place. Some ****ty work has been coming out of there recently. They were trying to fix the mess up on that red G8 that they did!
Care to explain in a little more detail? I haven't seen or heard of the work your speaking of, what was the mess up? I believe the red G8 got the fenders rolled, some brake parts, headers and tune?

I know of at least 5 G8's in our group that have been up there and received awesome service. I've seen good reviews on other forums in reference to all the bmw's, vettes, f-bodys, gto's, lambos, porsches, etc they have done since they opened.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That red G8 you speak of got all of what you said including a 3200 stall. We went to the track and the car ran slower then it did before the mods and trapped 2mph slower as well while cutting the same 60'. Talked with the shop about the issues and they said it was either because of the parts not working well together or that the car wasnt running correctly when we came in. They are still working out the issues. The shop did not even suggest to use a Aftermarket tranny cooler with the high stall. To say a stall, 1 7/8 headers, full exhaust is not a good combo then what is?

My buddies t/a got tuned for n20 a couple weeks ago by them. His car ran a [email protected] on motor and after the N20 tune on a 100 shot it went [email protected] They told him to run a different tire and the Mph should be higher. He did and he ran a [email protected] We checked out the tune from them with hp tuners and the timing tables were all set @ 23 degrees across the board. He could have used a predator to tune out 5 degrees @ WOT instead of wasting his money on a so call custom tune! They also said he was running lean on the N20 and to use the fuel jet from the next higher shot. So a 100 shot N20 jet would have a 125 fuel jet. Needless to say he is pissed and will be getting a new tune from another LSX tuner! To gain 3mph from a 100 shot does not seem right! The graph looks horrible as the curves are very wavy and has a big dip @ 5400 and comes back up @ 5600. The A/F on motor is low 12's, high 11's and on spray its mid to high 12's!

Another buddy had his SS dyno there with bolt ons. They tuned him and took his money then told him that he needed a new fuel pump as his Fuel pressure was dropping below 30 psi after 4,000 rpms. They said get the FP and come back and we will only charge 200.00 for a retune.

Also heard of a blue C5 Z06 that has pretty much the same dyno graph as my buddies T/A. Both are spraying and there graph looks pretty similar with the same dips @ 5400 rpms. I wonder if they just copied and pasted over the tune on that car as well?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
That red G8 you speak of got all of what you said including a 3200 stall. We went to the track and the car ran slower then it did before the mods and trapped 2mph slower as well while cutting the same 60'. Talked with the shop about the issues and they said it was either because of the parts not working well together or that the car wasnt running correctly when we came in. They are still working out the issues. The shop did not even suggest to use a Aftermarket tranny cooler with the high stall. To say a stall, 1 7/8 headers, full exhaust is not a good combo then what is?

My buddies t/a got tuned for n20 a couple weeks ago by them. His car ran a [email protected] on motor and after the N20 tune on a 100 shot it went [email protected] They told him to run a different tire and the Mph should be higher. He did and he ran a [email protected] We checked out the tune from them with hp tuners and the timing tables were all set @ 23 degrees across the board. He could have used a predator to tune out 5 degrees @ WOT instead of wasting his money on a so call custom tune! They also said he was running lean on the N20 and to use the fuel jet from the next higher shot. So a 100 shot N20 jet would have a 125 fuel jet. Needless to say he is pissed and will be getting a new tune from another LSX tuner! To gain 3mph from a 100 shot does not seem right! The graph looks horrible as the curves are very wavy and has a big dip @ 5400 and comes back up @ 5600. The A/F on motor is low 12's, high 11's and on spray its mid to high 12's!

Another buddy had his SS dyno there with bolt ons. They tuned him and took his money then told him that he needed a new fuel pump as his Fuel pressure was dropping below 30 psi after 4,000 rpms. They said get the FP and come back and we will only charge 200.00 for a retune.

Also heard of a blue C5 Z06 that has pretty much the same dyno graph as my buddies T/A. Both are spraying and there graph looks pretty similar with the same dips @ 5400 rpms. I wonder if they just copied and pasted over the tune on that car as well?
Did the car dyno higher after mods? Track conditions the same? Same temp, humidity, DA, etc? What did it run before and after? Really a trans cooler isnt "required". I ran a 3600 for over a year without a problem and it never got over 200 degrees even at the track. Same with other local cars that run higher stalls, a trans cooler certainly doesnt hurt but its not required.

I've seen lots of Roshans tunes and I've never seen one that is 23 degrees across the board. His timing tables are often smoother then many other tuners tables that I have seen that have big jumps in the table. If you have a problem in your nitrous setup which is very possible then that can effect times. You realize 12's A/F is fine for nitrous right, you can actually hurt parts being overly rich. I ran it like that for years and the motor was perfect when I pulled it apart. Some motors make the most power a little richer my 454 liked a bit rich and less timing then my 364 but it made way more power.

$200 for a retune isnt bad at all... other shops charge more. If he brought his car there with a mechanical problem that isnt the shops fault. You still used the dyno and their time before the fault was discovered.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.