• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who should I take my G8 GT to?

I may have to take my car to a dealer. G8 GT with a blower, cam, heads, headers. It does this f'd up deal where it goes into reduced power mode sometimes, ONLY when I turn left! Gives me code 0606, PCM fault. I can always erase the code with EFI live but it will do it again. The dealer that was the Pontiac dealer is still in business as a GMC, Honda dealer but he's not who GM designates as the Pontiac dealer. The GM, Pontiac dealer is the Cadillac dealer. There are two Chevy dealers. Or the shop that did the engine work. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Hard to say, do you have any personal experience with either the Cadillac or Chevy dealership? Did the problem occur before or after the LS shop did the engine work? P0606 might represent a wiring/ground related power-train control module issue.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Location?

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
419 Posts
I may have to take my car to a dealer. G8 GT with a blower, cam, heads, headers. It does this f'd up deal where it goes into reduced power mode sometimes, ONLY when I turn left! Gives me code 0606, PCM fault. I can always erase the code with EFI live but it will do it again. The dealer that was the Pontiac dealer is still in business as a GMC, Honda dealer but he's not who GM designates as the Pontiac dealer. The GM, Pontiac dealer is the Cadillac dealer. There are two Chevy dealers. Or the shop that did the engine work. What do you think?

I don't know why any dealer would want to touch a modified car. If you don't trust the shop that did the work, I'd find another independent shop and try your luck there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lubbock TX. The code didn't start until a year after the engine work was done. I've checked the grounds and removed and cleaned the throttle body. If I decide to replace the PCM, do I have to take the PCM to a GM dealer to get a stock flash with my VIN, then install it and flash with my EFI Live tune? Or can I just flash it with EFI Live and not take it to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Due to multiple underwhelming/unpleasant instances with several dealerships over the years cannot recommend one as the first option. Would try to contact the shop that performed the engine work to see if they have any suggestions or thoughts. If not, might check with a nearby reputable automotive electronic establishment. Believe the power-train control module has to be flashed to the vehicle identification number before it will be recognized by the car. However, another member will have to deny or confirm the notion. Is re-flashing the current pcm with the EFI live tune an option or has it already been done?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reflashed my EFILive tune. It didn't change anything. One of y'all (THANKS) pm'd me that Pace Performance will sell me the PCM with my VIN and stock tune. I'm gonna try a couple of things before I try that but I think that's solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts