Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do the G8's make a buzzing noise then a click sound after you turn off the engine? All G8s do this, i was wondering what it is doing it for. ITs real suttle, its actually a pretty cool sound.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
IDK, but it's normal.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I noticed that too...for me it does it when:
1. I shut the car down
2. I try to remote start and it refuses to start or even crank, but I can hear it buzzing...

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
its the turbo timer :D

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
It's the fuel tank vapor canister circuit sucking the fuel vapors from the tank.

My last car (2000 Grand Prix) did it quite loudly, (4 clicks in rapid succession) about 1-2 minutes into a cold start drive, so I investigated and found that to be the culpret.

I've heard this on my g8 more often when the temps outside are hotter than when they're colder.

Working as designed...

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
the wifes car actually threw an engine code the other day,
for gross emissions overload. i think it was because it was
so freaking hot that day ( 105 ) that there was just too
much gas evap vapors, and it overloaded the system. my
jeep did the same thing on the same day.

·
DINSTAAR
494 Posts
Why do the G8's make a buzzing noise then a click sound after you turn off the engine? All G8s do this, i was wondering what it is doing it for. ITs real suttle, its actually a pretty cool sound.
It's the throttle body cycleing, my friends 09 Cobalt SS does the same thing. If you think I'm wrong put your hand on it, you'll feel it. It's normal.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
That's true.... is the OP asking about the sound in the REAR of the car (fuel tank evap canister) or the front of the car (throttle body) ?

"That sound" could mean several different things.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts