Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

RWD.LS motor. Great handling. Relatively affordable prices. Even a good interior relative to anything else made by GM at the time.

Those are the exact reasons why the G8 is a worse car then the Sunfire.

See ,the problem is that folks keep thinking Pontiac was vidmate mobdro a performance division. While a few of their cars happened to be high performing cars (Trans Am,GXPs et al) that wasnt the bread and butter of the brand. For every Bonneville SSEi that left the lot, ten ordinary 3800 equipped SEs left first.mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/ https://sarkariresult.onl/

Their best selling car for years was the Grand Am, a vehicle in stock form that had trouble outrunning clapped out diesel pickups. Bottom line is that Pontiac was never intended to challenge BMW - it was a brand selling exciting versions of ordinary family cars.

Thats a necessary space in the market.It is easy to forget as enthusiasts that the first job of a car is getting you places, not creating repair bills or track timeslips.Sometimes you just need a car that is slow,practical, and gets you from A-B.

That was the role of Pontiac. Making boring family cars that ,love the styling or not ,had pep to their design you'd never find on a Toyota showroom. When Pontiac tried to become Audi 2.0 they lost sight of their customers and place in the market.

While enthusiasts and car mags lauded the G8, Pontiac's working Joe clientele shook their heads and bought Hondas and Chevys instead.

Thank you!

·
Registered
270 Posts
He is posting on the G5 forum also

G5 n00b
Default Pontiac G5. Wont start. Good battery good starter
Hi!

So I have a pontiac G5 2007.

The battery is good, the alternator is good and starter is good.

Sometime the car will start sometime not.

Today it would not start at all, when I boost it with another car it wont start neither.

All it does is all light goes off and I dont even bear a click from starter and I hear "spark noises" from under the dash.

I had a neew key done at the dealership last week because I broke mine in half.

What can cause it?

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
I’d call it spam.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Hello everyone,

RWD.LS motor. Great handling. Relatively affordable prices. Even a good interior relative to anything else made by GM at the time.

See ,the problem is that folks keep thinking Pontiac was a performance division. While a few of their cars happened to be high performing cars (Trans Am,GXPs et al) that wasnt the bread and butter of the brand. For every Bonneville SSEi that left the lot, ten ordinary 3800 equipped SEs left first.

Their best selling car for years was the Grand Am, a vehicle in stock form that had trouble outrunning clapped out diesel pickups. Bottom line is that Pontiac was never intended to challenge BMW - it was a brand selling exciting versions of ordinary family cars.

Thats a necessary space in the market.It is easy to forget as enthusiasts that the first job of a car is getting you places, not creating repair bills or track timeslips.Sometimes you just need a car that is slow,practical, and gets you from A-B.

That was the role of Pontiac. Making boring family cars that ,love the styling or not ,had pep to their design you'd never find on a Toyota showroom. When Pontiac tried to become Audi 2.0 they lost sight of their customers and place in the market.

While enthusiasts and car mags lauded the G8, Pontiac's working Joe clientele shook their heads and bought Hondas and Chevys instead.

Thank you!

daniel77, what you’ve just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
He is posting on the G5 forum also

G5 n00b
Default Pontiac G5. Wont start. Good battery good starter
Hi!

So I have a pontiac G5 2007.

The battery is good, the alternator is good and starter is good.

Sometime the car will start sometime not.

Today it would not start at all, when I boost it with another car it wont start neither.

All it does is all light goes off and I dont even bear a click from starter and I hear "spark noises" from under the dash.

I had a neew key done at the dealership last week because I broke mine in half.

What can cause it?
This simplifies it: his lil putt putt broke down, now he's MAD MAD.....
So lets toss a hissy fit at Pontiac.
The same will happen for his lil Honda putt putt, Toyota putt putt, Audi putt put....
I see an someone living in his mother baseman playing Halo in his boxers....

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
tried not to respond to this, and i've never held any punches with some of my issues related to the g8... but pontiac was never challenging or wanted to challenge audio or bmw. that was for the cadillac. Pontiac wanted to design and build family cars that were just a little sportier and less A to B for guys like me who became family men and knew the days of a loud ass camaro with headers were in the past, but had kids so we couldn't buy a vette, but refused to by a camry or commuter car. It's as simple as that and there's no need to overthink it. Simplified to a marketing tag line, "the poor mans bmw"

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
mods please delete he has no clue what g8 really is
boards pretty dead these days, not sure we have to kill it. It's not like he's trying to sell used cell phones. It's relevant at least.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have been a Pontiac guy all my life and that will never change.

I want to share this article that I read upon it's original publication ten years ago. The topic is old news but in case you haven't read it yet.

Jim Wangers on the Death of Pontiac Excitement
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/jim-wangers-on-the-death-of-pontiac-excitement-135227/

Jim Wangers is quoted:
One of the worst things that happened was when they came out with the new GTO. It was so badly handled, packaged, and marketed. They changed so many things, they failed to jump on what it really meant to be a GTO

When they failed with that — that was the end. That really was the beginning of the end. When you bring back your number one nameplate, and it fails, you haven’t got much room to go anywhere else.

Then they had the crazy idea of changing the names.

If there was ever a domestic manufacturer that ever had a really good set of names it was Pontiac – Bonneville, Grand Prix, Trans Am! And then all these little boys in men’s jobs come along, and come up with insanely stupid ‘G’ names.
It's hard for me to associate the G8 as one of those cars with the insanely stupid ‘G’ names, but I do agree with him otherwise. In a perfect world, Pontiac would have kept all their classic name plates and added only the G8 and passed over the G3, G5 and G6.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I'm indifferent on the name scheme. In a way I liked how it setup their offerings. The higher the number, the bigger and faster it was. It was simple, but never had a chance to solidify. As a former grandprix owner, hearing people refer to my car as a grandam got old really freaking quick. But I also understand the value of having a unique name.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Well, I actually own both, and the $hitfire is nowhere near the car the G8 is.........

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have been a Pontiac guy all my life and that will never change.

I want to share this article that I read upon it's original publication ten years ago. The topic is old news but in case you haven't read it yet.

Jim Wangers on the Death of Pontiac Excitement
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/jim-wangers-on-the-death-of-pontiac-excitement-135227/

Jim Wangers is quoted:
well Jim was the expert, but I also remember Pontiac putting the GTO name on a Nova in '74 and this abomination in 75

1 - 20 of 37 Posts