Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna get the bung for my wideband put on my exhaust this spring as well as have my solo Js transferred over to my OBX axlebacks. My question is for the ARH owners if there is room on the X before the cats to have the bung welded in? My headers are coated and I don't want the shop grinding the coating off to weld the bung in, and I can't get under my car right now because I don't feel like laying on my cold ass driveway to find out. :wink2:

Any hints for a good spot to have this put in?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, NO responses?

Awesome.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Per the pic blk posted, seems there is room, especially if the headers are not bolted down yet. The bung should be mounted in the driver side. Do a search in this section, we have talked about this before, and honestly, you should have welded the bung before the coating, but is not a big deal if you have to put it after, and the muffler shop guy knows what's he's doing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Per the pic blk posted, seems there is room, especially if the headers are not bolted down yet. The bung should be mounted in the driver side. Do a search in this section, we have talked about this before, and honestly, you should have welded the bung before the coating, but is not a big deal if you have to put it after, and the muffler shop guy knows what's he's doing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I bought the headers used from a local member, so that wasn't an option. I did search, but didn't find much in the way of information.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I thought that the OBX only came catless?

Wish I could help you, Slizzo, but I have kooks and put my wideband just before my solo HFC's, actually in the HFC body. But that doesn't help you, different equipment.

good luck

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought that the OBX only came catless?

Wish I could help you, Slizzo, but I have kooks and put my wideband just before my solo HFC's, actually in the HFC body. But that doesn't help you, different equipment.

good luck
Only my axleback is OBX. My headers are full ARH catted.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
oh woops, sorry I misread.

I've never even *seen* ARH, but I've heard it, they're hella loud. Anyways, good luck hopefully someone with ARH can chime in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts