Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearing the end of my parts ordering and one of the last things I plan to add is wideband. My only "must have" is to be able to log the signal in HPTuners.

First... setup... Should I go with just 1 sensor or 2? Since I'm not running cats I plan to install the wideband(s) in the secondary O2 sensor location. So, it's after my x-pipe, and to me says, I only need 1 sensor. Yes/no?

Second... logging... I know I could get the pro setup for my MPVI2, but that tacks on cost. So if I'm only running one sensor, looks like I can get the AEM setup that runs over CANBUS and hooks in through the OBD port to be read by the MPVI2. Anyone have experience with that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The latter is the way to go for now. Pro Standalone logging isn't available yet, and neither is the BT flashing. The only thing the pro set is good for is the pro link that comes with it.....

That's not worth the extra $$$.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
That's the one.

And yes, you only need a single wideband. The tuning is going to apply across both banks, so the only reason for a second is for informational purposes. It would let you see if there is something out of whack, but it is not necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts