Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks Brandon for this genius idea.

For those that dont know, these are the polished OEM Camaro 20's, which are originally 8"(35mm offset) in front and 9"(40mm) offset in the rear. I took the 9"s and put them up front with 255/35/20 tires. I took the 8"s down to Tim @ Wheel Works in Burlington, NJ and put an extra 2 inches on for a total of....you got it, 10". Threw a 295/30/20 on there, got it all mounted, and wala, it fits and looks amazing. I love it.

No rubbing, even with 4 pumped up OEM GXP wheels in the back and a box with magnaflow axlebacks. Oh, and the Eibach Pro Kit.

Heres some pics.
Widened 8s

Nice Welds

This is with all four GXP wheels and a box of magnaflows in the back which i drove up to my rents house.

These are of my car cleaned up and with nothing in back, i later put a wheel in the spare well.

edit 11/19/10, i might have moved the pics around in my picasa. heres a link to the album.
http://picasaweb.google.com/108257363829250838500/Camaro20s?authkey=Gv1sRgCICpgqj1gfz2aQ#

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of wheel! Looks great.

·
CCG8 / FLG8
2,089 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wanted to hear what the cars sounded like out side, so my friend took it for a ride while i videod it. ARH to Magnaflows.
Which Magnaflows? Pro or Street (16795/ 16887)?

Sounds GREAT.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That looks great.
How much did it run you to have him add the 2" to the wheels?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Definately looks like a more natural fit than the stock 9s on back. Mine are pushed out further (although I like it). Might have to try that once I need new tires :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any issues with balancing/vibration due to the added 2" of wheel (ie: Welds)? Looks amazing.
No issues, they balanced fine. they ran me $300/each. really nice welds. a smaller wheel would have been a tad cheaper.

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Those do look nice. Real nice. :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thanks Brandon for this genius idea.

For those that dont know, these are the polished OEM Camaro 20's, which are originally 8"(35mm offset) in front and 9"(40mm) offset in the rear. I took the 9"s and put them up front with 255/35/20 tires. I took the 8"s down to Tim @ Wheel Works in Burlington, NJ and put an extra 2 inches on for a total of....you got it, 10". Threw a 295/30/20 on there, got it all mounted, and wala, it fits and looks amazing. I love it.

No rubbing, even with 4 pumped up OEM GXP wheels in the back and a box with magnaflow axlebacks. Oh, and the Eibach Pro Kit.

Heres some pics.
Widened 8s

Nice Welds

This is with all four GXP wheels and a box of magnaflows in the back which i drove up to my rents house.

These are of my car cleaned up and with nothing in back, i later put a wheel in the spare well.

Yes, that was a good idea and they look awesome!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Best set-up I have seen to date! No adapters needed (I am assuming you did not roll your fenders?) and a 10" wide wheel tucked in perfectly. You have just changed my direction on widening my chromed stock 19's....looks like my wheels will be going up for sale soon.

...and of course, black G8's always look the best!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Best set-up I have seen to date! No adapters needed (I am assuming you did not roll your fenders?) and a 10" wide wheel tucked in perfectly. You have just changed my direction on widening my chromed stock 19's....looks like my wheels will be going up for sale soon.

...and of course, black always looks the best!
I believe he may have his fender lips cut not rolled. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The setup looks very good and I didn't think it would ever work. Nice job! Please clarify if you have done anything to the wheel well for clearance purposes.

·
Registered
690 Posts
This is the first wheel setup that has made me think there's anything better than the 19" sport package wheels. Those look absolutely amazing mtolivecracker. These are the BEST yet!

Please, please don't paint them black.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I believe he may have his fender lips cut not rolled. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The setup looks very good and I didn't think it would ever work. Nice job! Please clarify if you have done anything to the wheel well for clearance purposes.
Fortunately, you are wrong sir, not a single adjustment made. Hence, how happy I am about it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is the first wheel setup that has made me think there's anything better than the 19" sport package wheels. Those look absolutely amazing mtolivecracker. These are the BEST yet!

Please, please don't paint them black.
Dont worry, not a fan of dark rims, rims need to shine IMO

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fortunately, you are wrong sir, not a single adjustment made. Hence, how happy I am about it.
Thanks for clearing that up. I apologize for thinking that then. I just remember seeing someone on here that had a black GXP had cut the rear funder lip and I thought it was you. Sorry about that. Your car looks and sounds great. I have a set of 19 in sport wheels getting widened right now. can't decide if I want to go with the 285 or the 295 tire.

·
Longtime Member
1,556 Posts
As I have mentioned before. These wheels look like what the g8 should have come with in the first place !!!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts