Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the widest tire you can put on the stock G8 GT rear rim? Also, what is the next size rim/style you can get. If I am not mistaken, this is only about 8' of tire on the ground. I'm thinking 9.5 or 10 would be right giving the wheel clearance, and the car is lowered with eibach springs.

Retired_4life
08 G8 GT

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
You can do 275, has a little bulge, not bad. 265 looks good, that I what I have on my 18s.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Humm, the bulge is the thing, I didn't want any swaying in the tires. 265 would be what maybe 9' on the ground?

Retired_4life
08 G8 GT

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
All G8 wheels are 8" wide. You'll have to go with CTS-V or Camaro wheels, or aftermarket.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well as far as tire spin. Not really wanting to go to a larger rim to have more tire on the ground for reduced tire spin. And no 8' inches of contact tire to ground.

Retired_4life
08 G8 GT

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
I would advise against a larger diameter wheel, but width is only going to help in all scenarios.

TSW has some nice forged wheels for a decent price. Apex also has a few light wheels.

...and your foot marks are really throwing me off haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, and no sagging. That's what equates to about 1' wider right. Ok, think ima go with those in the back. I'm also about to lower the car with eibach's still no problems with that also right?

Retired_4life
08 G8 GT

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I have Eibach in front, stock height in the rear. However, I don't see any chance at rubbing with that setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts