Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as of lately after I got the cam n header swap done she's been driving it more often. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
It seems as of lately after I got the cam n header swap done she's been driving it more often. Anyone else have this problem?
Me too! Especially since the weather has gotten nice. Ahhh The perils of having a company vehicle. At least every other weekend I get to get it all out when I take it to the track and wring its neck!

But damn she looks sexy in my car! And believe me we have rules. Strictly to work and back, no shopping or errands; that's how curbs get drug and wheels get rashed...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too! Especially since the weather has gotten nice. Ahhh The perils of having a company vehicle. At least every other weekend I get to get it all out when I take it to the track and wring its neck!

But damn she looks sexy in my car! And believe me we have rules. Strictly to work and back, no shopping or errands; that's how curbs get drug and wheels get rashed...

I agree 100%. My wife looks good in my car too and it turns a lot of heads with the lope of the cam u can clearly tell from the exhaust. My rule is no WOT's as I don't think she would know what to do it it broke loose and that's easily done With 460 hp :)

·
Thats what I tell them!
534 Posts
My wife also drives it way more than I do! I bought a prius for commuting to work. And its funny the look we get from our friends when we tell them that I drive the prius and she drives the G8! LOL

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've owned mine for 2 months now but the wife has never driven it yet. She's only ridden in it a couple of times. Not sure how much longer I can keep this up...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I agree 100%. My wife looks good in my car too and it turns a lot of heads with the lope of the cam u can clearly tell from the exhaust. My rule is no WOT's as I don't think she would know what to do it it broke loose and that's easily done With 460 hp :)
My girlfriend (Future wife and you will soon learn why :driving:) LOVES my G8, she can drive the absolute shiat out of the car. Didnt know when I met her that she grew up drag racing, I soon found out when she pulled up to a "puss-stang" at a light and walked it.....LOL

·
Registered
530 Posts

My wife curbed her set of breytons on both sides. It's her car though. Drives me crazy when she hits pot holes and it doesn't bother her.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Do any of you guys wear the pants in your household? ;-)

I have never and will never let my wife drive my car, and I don't even have headers or cam....

My last car ('98 BMW 540) was my toy and the one time I let the wife drive it she ran over a curb and dented the runner. I learned then if I wanna keep my car nice, only I drive it. She has her lame ass VW Jetta Sportwagon tdi and I have my modern day muscle car sedan.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Do any of you guys wear the pants in your household? ;-)

I have never and will never let my wife drive my car, and I don't even have headers or cam....

My last car ('98 BMW 540) was my toy and the one time I let the wife drive it she ran over a curb and dented the runner. I learned then if I wanna keep my car nice, only I drive it. She has her lame ass VW Jetta Sportwagon tdi and I have my modern day muscle car sedan.
Finally! Ain't no chick driving my beloved G8. You guys are crazy.

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
man my gf drove my g8 2x, once to get a wash and 2nd wen i was supposed to be in band practice n she had no where to go. she dun like metal so she went to her cousins place.... she looks fine as hell driving it tho...

she came to pick me up n her first words were... hop in im drivin!

·
Registered
143 Posts
My wife drives it all the time and I could care less. She's an awesome driver and
knows how to handle it. Since I started doing mods she loves it even more now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
My wife told me one of the stipulations of me getting the turbo was, was that she gets to drive it more.

She's driven it since it was bolt-on's, cam swap, and now with the TT kit, and she loves it. Never goes past probably 50% throttle, but that's probably a good thing, because it's quiet a handful at WOT.

Bad picture, but she got to drive it down to the shop before it got the TT kit installed.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My wife's driven it a little this week and frankly I don't mind. It will give her time to get used to the stock brakes so she'll see what an improvement the CTS-V 4 pistons are when I put them on, hopefully next weekend. :)

As I've said before, if they're involved with the car and enjoy it too, it makes getting mods a LOT easier.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Heck, my wife is listed as the primary driver on my G8, even! I take the Caprice to work, which leaves the G8 sitting in the garage; she doesn't need a car often, but when she does it's there for her. It's still not quite her cup-of-tea, but she likes it better than my Cougar LOL!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Soution: Let the wife's next car also be a G8. That's what we did. Two G8s, zero problem!

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with his wife driving his G8, assuming she's an okay driver (that's true of either sex, really)!

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Lame. It's not like its a race car. Pants in my house? We don't wear any pants in the house. Maybe you should have her take yours off every once in a while.
What, you too stupid to see the smiley face and take it as the joke it was clearly meant to be? And what does not being a race car have to do with anything?

Go back to the imarriedmycousin.com board and run around the house pant less some more, dooshbag :-O

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.