Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading out to the dragstrip this Friday to see what the car can do in warm weather. Anyone care to join?

Gates open at 6PM. Racing starts at 7PM.

Spectator: $15.00
Racer: $40.00

Don't forget, need a Snell 2010 helmet or newer now! And if you have a supercharger, turbo, or nitrous, you will also need a fire jacket for tech.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I be there. Is fire jacket requirement newish ? Last time they didn't check. Where can I get one in Chandler ?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go get your 9 second slip!
Shoot, I'll be happy with a low 10. Its gonna be HOT!!!!!!! I do live in the desert ya know! lol. A low 10 in a full weight, manual trans street car is alright with me. :smile2:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I be there. Is fire jacket requirement newish ? Last time they didn't check. Where can I get one in Chandler ?

Cycle Gear in Mesa carries fire Jackets....
I might show up as a spectator.
I want to run my G8 and see how adding the VCM changes my times, but My helmets aren't Snell rated (Motorcycle helmets) . I wish I could just buy a Snell Sticker for my helmet! I doubt if I can find a cheap helmet before Friday.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Found a jacket in Tucson.

Gonna see if I can slip into the 11s without my straight pipes on.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
9's are the new 10's, 10's are the new 12's and 11's are the new 14's.

That's what I have the Syclone for. "Project Executioner" Turbo LS Syclone in the works. He he he

Cycle Gear in Mesa carries fire Jackets....
I might show up as a spectator.
I want to run my G8 and see how adding the VCM changes my times, but My helmets aren't Snell rated (Motorcycle helmets) . I wish I could just buy a Snell Sticker for my helmet! I doubt if I can find a cheap helmet before Friday.

You can borrow my helmet to tech. Let me know.

Should be a nice night to run. Everyone will be out at the bars Friday night for St. Pattys. lol.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
^^^ good point.......I hope that's true !!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fire jacket?!?!?! Jeebus, I just want to drive fast. This is getting expensive!!!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fire jacket?!?!?! Jeebus, I just want to drive fast. This is getting expensive!!!!!

You can borrow mine for tech. :laugh2:

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll be heading out to the dragstrip this Friday to see what the car can do in warm weather. Anyone care to join?

Gates open at 6PM. Racing starts at 7PM.

Spectator: $15.00
Racer: $40.00

Don't forget, need a Snell 2010 helmet or newer now! And if you have a supercharger, turbo, or nitrous, you will also need a fire jacket for tech.
Looks like I need a fire jacket now, damn this forum for telling me about the LSA! lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm in the same boat, but I smile _a lot_ more than I used to....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Busy and hot. Did I mention it's busy?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Crazy busy.............. DA was not good........... did NOT get my 11 sec slip although I PBd a 12.0 ET.

Enjoyed meeting a few more G8ers face-to-face ! We were well represented. I think there were 4 GXPs there.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was terrible.

I ran an [email protected] for my test pass.

When I went to run again, it finally happened. I smoked my clutch!! Time for an LT1-SC Monster clutch

It was nice meeting all of you guys! We need to get together again! Maybe in the fall?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts