Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sporting the GXP
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm installing my ARH headers this weekend. I was wondering if anyone else had put header on a GXP yet? My only concern is the mufflers bolting up to the x-pipe. When I bought them they weren't sure if they would bolt right up because no one had done it yet. I can't imaging the bolt pattern/angle being different but you never know. The mufflers are different on the GXP than the one's on the GT. I'm crossing my fingers.

If anyone has any experience with the GXP and long tube headers let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would like to see pics of the stock GXP systems before you tear into it if you are going to use a lift. Would like to see what the differences are between the GXP and GT systems.

Thanks

·
Lone Ranger
1,043 Posts
|---------------------------------------------|

that is how jealous I am.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You'd already have them installed if you didn't reply to every thread on 3 different boards!

Do you plan on getting a baseline dyno before the change? I'd really like to know if installing 1 7/8 headers on a stock motor shows much benefit. I have heard people say you will pickup 30hp and others say you will actually hurt the numbers because the air velocity slows down.

·
Sporting the GXP
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd already have them installed if you didn't reply to every thread on 3 different boards!

Do you plan on getting a baseline dyno before the change? I'd really like to know if installing 1 7/8 headers on a stock motor shows much benefit. I have heard people say you will pickup 30hp and others say you will actually hurt the numbers because the air velocity slows down.
:)
I don't think I'll be able to get a baseline unless the tuners stay late. I would be absolutely shocked if I lost power. I really don't think I will though. Mine should baseline close to what the others have. Between 355 and 365.

·
Sporting the GXP
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As it turns out, I might be able to get a baseline after all. I'll have to see about leaving work early. The tuner said they could wait on me.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
You my friend will be the first. (Or at least the first to share) Good luck with that bolt up! BTW the way what the hell's taking you so long? How can you have those things lying around and not installing them? I'd never be able to sleep until it was done.:biggrin2:

·
Sporting the GXP
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know, I know....I'm going as fast as I can. I ordered my Vararam the other day and they are hoping to ship it today. So that will rock to potentially get all of my mods done within a relatively short period of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts