Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried searching but couldn't find anything that was of use to me. I just put on a set of 18x8 Drag DR-37 wheels(8.5's were on backorder), 40 offset. Will these clear the 4-pot CTS-V calipers without needed longer studs and spacers? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually I don't think I will....40mm offset=1.5''(slight more) which should give me plenty enough clearance...right?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can someone double check me please?

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
It depends on rim design mate, offsets can't give you the full story on what will or wont work. Take the G8 19" wheels for example. Both the Sport GT and GXP rims have the same specs, 19x8", +48et. The GT 19" wheel will NOT fit over Brembos, while the GXP wheel will.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed, forgot about that...damn it.

OK, can anyone with Drag DR-37's confirm whether they'll clear 4-pot CTS-V calipers?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like a thread on Camaro5 show that the 18x8's will clear the SS calipers which means they'll clear the V's...can someone confirm?

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
It looks like a thread on Camaro5 show that the 18x8's will clear the SS calipers which means they'll clear the V's...can someone confirm?
1st gen or 2nd gen Vs? :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, 1stgens

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Sorry, 1stgens
For all intents and purposes, 1st gen CTS-V brakes are pretty much the same as the Camaro Brembos and G8 GXP Brembos. They'll fit.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

1 - 10 of 10 Posts