Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They call it belt moldings. It's the molding that many of you probably have had dry rot. The molding where the glass meets the door frame where you rest your elbow. Anyway, does anyone know where these can be purchased. I have looked at a couple of sites and it is showing as discontinued. I need ALL 4 moldings.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes mine are dry rotted and torn up as well. One of them is so bad that it leaks water into the door when it rains. I'll open the rear door and water will leak out from under the door. No bueno.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have a brand new set ( all 4 doors) in black I purchased few years back when I was considering to redo my chrome, but never got around to it. Will sell for 250. Pm of interested.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
karo @ holden parts usa can get or has what you need

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
I think the part numbers were revised, the chrome ones are still available though.

Per GM Parts Giant

FR - 92227429 replaced by 92277514
FL - 92227428 replaced by 92277513
RR - 92227439 replaced by 92277518
RL - 92227438 replaced by 92277517

They show them all available.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Oddly enough the only one of mine that is bad is the driver's rear. Anyone know how hard it is to take one off and put a new one on without bending the metal or anything (on the new one)?
Best price I found to include shipping is here:
https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/online/Page_Cart/ListShoppingCart.aspx?previousURL=(/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0ahUKEwjVrNDI0N_OAhXMHh4KHYZoD_UQFggvMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gmpartsgiant.com%2Fparts%2Fgm-molding-92277517.html&usg=AFQjCNF0P4d-bXYxaPOmd0cW4K-ktiE4gg)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Oddly enough the only one of mine that is bad is the driver's rear. Anyone know how hard it is to take one off and put a new one on without bending the metal or anything (on the new one)?

It's easy. You basically just pull straight up on the old one and it'll pop out. Then just line up the clips on the new one with your door and press in.

·
The Mustang dude
1,346 Posts
I hope the new ones have better quality rubber in them that wont dry up and break away within 2 yrs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts