Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

It seems my passenger rear window regulator is half dead and stuck in the down position...

I've already come to terms with having to get a new assembly, but how can I get this thing to roll back up in the meantime?

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Will the window not move at all? Unsure if this will work on the G8, but not too long ago one person pressed the window switch while another placed a hand on each side of the glass and pushed/helped the window up. This usually worked when the motor was too weak to raise the window by itself. Also, if the window had a tendency to fall down, would wedge some cardboard between it and the window frame...lol. Those were the good ole days.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motor only activates for a 'down' press... now that it's down all the way, the motor will still activate and make a click sound when the down button is hit, but nothing at all for any 'up' press (from either button)

The glass and mechanism are firmly in place and no wiggling or jiggling have helped it back up.

The only thing I haven't tried is attempting to hotwire the motor with 12v...

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Part information for the rear passenger window regulator & motor assembly ACDELCO 92263044 {#92195913}.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx

Why the heck don't they sell just the motor? Should be like $30... $70 extra for parts that aren't broken 😕

Just assume that everything will crap out soon so do it all? Ugh...

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
To me, this reads like the wire from pin #6 from your rear window switch has been broken. Most likely within the rubber transition boot from the B pillar to the door frame. If you can gain access to that rear door window switch, you could test this >>>>> If you think you can force a very small diameter probe in from the back of the connector far enough to reach that #6 contact socket (wire color is purple/white), you could then ground that probe to a good ground source. This would allow you to verify that the window will go up from either the front or rear seat location an that the regulator is OK. Or make a tiny cut thru the insulation of that #6 wire an attach a section of wire an ground it (to accomplish the same thing).

Keep in mind to *ONLY* select *UP* when doing this. That same wire becomes the power wire source *WHEN* you select a down command (an would quickly blow the window control fuse)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trying now! I've already got everything ripped apart...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10,000 internet points to Gopherit!! That did it 👏👏👏 hell yeah!

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
The window motor, regulator, motor and regulator assembly are the three options. The third post brought clarity to the problem and great it has been resolved.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks pony!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts