Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or had trouble with the windows in your cars? I’ve been having trouble with my driver door window, I’ve replaced the window switch, changed fuses, had the door apart and run the button up and down while wiggling the wires in the door, unplugged the regulator, cleaned the plu and the plug in port, it makes noise from the passenger side when running the button, but does not move. I had to push the window back up bu hand, and now when I close the door, it gradually falls back down. Help please, very frustrated at this point. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Have not had a problem with any of the power windows on the G8. Based on the information provided, would surmise something has gone amiss with the gearing inside the window regulator assembly. Fortunately, the cost of an entire window regulator and power motor assembly is relatively inexpensive. However, would verify there are no obstructions preventing smooth up and down operation of the window placing unnecessary strain on the regulator assembly causing it to prematurely fail. The AcDelco part number for a 2009 Pontiac G8 front left (driver's) side motor and regulator assembly is 92420927 {#92191030} GM Original Equipment. As far as the window not staying up, take a few pieces of cardboard, fold them together, and use them as wedges between the glass and door frame to hold the window in place. Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
In order for either front window to move up or down, power has to go thru those front window switches, are then processed thru the front window controller module (for normal or express action) before reaching the window regulator motors. If the passenger side works as advertised, and you can see/hear all the movement working correctly, I would think the controller is OK. The mere fact that the drivers window will slowly fall on its own, reads like the glass has become separated from the device(s) that attach it to the regulator. Or as stated, the motor gearing action has failed, or the regulator cable action has gone haywire. You could test an eliminate a bunch by jumpering in wires (picking off the power at the window switch an going straight to the motor). But that would have to be something you are willing to try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts