Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the forum world but I’m on my last straw. So my ac went out a few weeks ago. While I’m waiting on the parts I’ve been using the Windows. But yesterday the windows stopped working. They will work on and off. No particular time. I’ve swapped fuses and circuit breakers. But that hasn’t worked. I don’t think it’s the switch because the switches on the back doors aren’t working either. Anyone else experienced this? Or have an idea what the issue could be?

·
Premium Member
4,174 Posts
The windows get their power from the RAP relay #1 (retained accessory power). If that relay drops out (for what ever reason) you'll loose all your window power. But that relay also powers up the RAP relay #2. So if the RAP #1 relay were to drop out from time to time (labeled as R1), it would also be shutting down that R2 relay. That R2 relay (labeled as R7) controls your AUX power outlets. If you could verify if those AUX power outlets are also failing at the same time the windows fail, that would tell me that the R1 relay is going south on you. The relays are located in the IP fuse box. You could also reverse the R! an R7 relays for now, to see if the windows return to full time control.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The windows get their power from the RAP relay #1 (retained accessory power). If that relay drops out (for what ever reason) you'll loose all your window power. But that relay also powers up the RAP relay #2. So if the RAP #1 relay were to drop out from time to time (labeled as R1), it would also be shutting down that R2 relay. That R2 relay (labeled as R7) controls your AUX power outlets. If you could verify if those AUX power outlets are also failing at the same time the windows fail, that would tell me that the R1 relay is going south on you. The relays are located in the IP fuse box. You could also reverse the R! an R7 relays for now, to see if the windows return to full time control.
I was having the ssme issue. Had intermittent power to the windows. Replaced the relay and its been perfect since. Thank you for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts